Continuum Episode 2.08 Second Listen **** SPOILERS ****

Episode Summary from en.wikipedia.org:

Kiera’s suspicions are confirmed; there were time jumpers before she and Liber8 came to the present. Now they’re popping up dead, and she must find out who’s behind it. Alec is kidnapped by Garza, acting on orders from…whom?

Please use this thread to discuss the series’ eighteenth overall and second season eighth episode Second Listen. Rule: Please keep spoilers limited to those revealed during the series up to this episode only.

Oh this series keeps on getting more and more delicious. Garza sent to murder an aging Alec Sadler in the 2070’s as a prostitute - WHILE KIERA IS GUARDING HIM! And then finding out that Garza is Alec’s “insurance policy.” While it is difficult to say for certain that Garza decided not to kill young Alec, the possibility is strong that she did. Garza definitely knows how to work a room too, and has no modesty to speak of. In fact, I’d say that Garza knows how to flaunt it better than 99.9% of women around. This girl has some talent in many many areas. She also has some amazing body art.

The dual conversations between Alec and Garza in 2013 and 2077 was amazing. The show is getting really good at this sort of stuff. The instantaneous “flashbacks” to the future intertwined with scenes from 2013. It really makes the show. And when Kiera makes it to the abandoned factory - future Sadtech site 1 - the dialog is the best I’ve ever heard on TV in a scifi show. Ending with Alec asking Kiera “What the hell am I in the future? I sent you to protect me and her to kill me.” You HAVE to watch it. It is so well acted.

I really hated that Gardiner was killed at the end. I thought the Carlos-Kiera-Gardiner ménage à trois would have been fascinating to watch develop. And at this point it sure seems that Gardiner was indeed a good guy. But also at this point we’ll probably never know if there was another story and/or motive behind his actions.

Oh the creepiness! Re-animating Elena’s tech to try to find out where she is. Her body MUST be decomposing. That’s just not right. And why the FRAK was that guy looking at Elena’s dead body? CREEPER!

It is clear that Emily is driving Alec to live in the security of the Lab. And Alec is definitely opening up to her. He suggests to her that his Dad might still be alive. Then he tells Emily about the drug-flash induced vision about Jason. Emily then helps Alec perform a DNA test on Jason to find out if they are indeed related. Emily is now obsessed with protecting Alec. But why? And who is she answering to? And WHY is she answering to that person? This girl has some serious game.

And what’s up with the Freelancer tattoos? Escher has the same tattoos. So at the very least he USED to be one of them. And Fisker? He looks like a buffoon on puppet strings.

Apparently Alec’s dead friends/roommates were quite the amateur hackers. I had no idea why they were holed up together until now.

Kiera’s reference to 2001: A Space Odyssey was uncannily pulled off well.

Jason running Alec’s Lab computers was a great backup. Jason might be the most interesting character in Continuum. You gotta love to watch this guy work.

Alec finally grows a pair and stands up to Matthew. I thought their relationship had taken a turn two episodes ago but now I can see the power shifting back to Alec. We’ll see what he does with his now.

Alec’s statement at the end about fate was interesting but it was followed up immediately with that creepy-ass phone call from Gardiner’s cell to Kiera. What did THAT mean?

~Shooter Out