Continuum Episode 2.04 Second Skin **** SPOILERS ****

Episode Summary from en.wikipedia.org:

The discovery that Kiera’s old partner went back to 1975 leaves Kiera with a shock when she learns of the life her partner has lived, while also forcing her to find her partner’s old suit before it falls into the wrong hands after it is accidentally sold in her son’s garage sale.

Please use this thread to discuss the series’ fourteenth overall and second season fourth episode Second Skin. Rule: Please keep spoilers limited to those revealed during the series up to this episode only.

As always there was a lot going on in this episode. Alec gets closer to the coffee-shop girl Emily, Kiera re-unites with her CPS partner Elena from 2077 one last time, a Dry-cleaner by the name of Rex gets to cosplay super hero with Elena’s CPS suit, Gardiner starts getting closer to Kiera to investigate her further, and Travis is making moves far beyond his strategic ability.

With the weight of the future on his shoulders, Alec is suddenly smitten with the girl from the coffee shop, Emily. Emily, played by actress Magda Apanowicz from Caprica, is indeed captivating. Alec is clearly distracted from EVERYTHING. This will effect how Alec is able to function now. I look forward to see how this progresses.

As it turns out the other female CPS protector in the execution chamber was Kiera’s partner, Elena. Elena was farther from the time travel device and ended up traveling back in time to 1975. Once there, Elena eventually turned off her CMR, put her suit in a box and settled down to have a life. Elena is in a palliative care ward at the hospital and suffers from Alzheimers and liver failure. But whenever Elena interacts with Kiera she is as sharp as a tack. The reunion is a very needed drug for Kiera while it lasts. I loved this storyline as I had pointed out several times previously that I was looking out for the second CPS protector in the chamber since the first episode. I would have enjoyed it better if Elena had the opportunity to help Kiera more but liked the story anyway.

The Rex the Drycleaner story is awesome. I hope we get to see him again and find out how the events of the episode changed his life. And oh, by the way, we get a SECOND CPS suit now! I’m looking forward to see how that is used.

I still think Gardiner could be a good guy once he finds out exactly what Kiera is. In the meantime I’d be very interested to learn what Elena told Gardiner on what turned out to be her deathbed. But aside from his absence last week I’m pretty sure we’ll be seeing much more of him from now on.

There were MULTIPLE references in the episode that Travis was acting too smart. We’ll see who is really pulling his strings. Could it be the politician Jim Martin? Could it be Escher? Could it be Garza? We’ll find out.

As always I’m looking forward to watching the next episode!

~Shooter Out