Continuity or lack of from BSG

OOOO me likie

One continuity that just struck me was the clear importance of the media culture in Capriacan society. It had been previously argued how unlikely it was for so many reporters to have survived the attack on the Colonies even if many were dispatched to cover the decommissioning of Galactica. However, we now see that Caprica and likely the other colonies were quite media obsessed with a dependence on the 24 hour news cycle (apparently much like ourselves). Therefore it seems much more reasonable that the RTF would try desperately to maintain that semblance of their former lives.

Agreed, it also highlights just how low tech the Galactica (and the fleet) was after seeing how high tech the world was 58 years earlier.

I don’t know if Caprica will go on long enough to see the aftermath of the First Cylon war, but if it does it would be interesting to see if there is an “Anti-technology” group or cult that crops up.

I’ve noticed that too. We know that during and after the Cylon War the military took initially some steps backwards in technology due to the nature of their enemy. Maybe all of Colonial society did as well. That would explain how after 58 years the world of BSG doesn’t seem all that much more advanced than the world of the Caprica series.

That’s a cool idea!. I’ve noticed from reading Graystone’s computer console indications of the data stream; the mandala is on the wall there in that same room, visualized data looks like it does in BSG, and now the holoband. It is as if his workroom is a microcosm of the cylon world.

Perhaps Zoe invents projection to escape the fact she is trapped in a robot body.

I like this show more and more.

Given how BSG ended, this could certainly be the case.

I do think the timeline is a bit weird, given that Bill Adama would be in his 70s in BSG, which makes him a bit of a cradle robber (Roslin is what in her 50s at most in BSG?). :smiley: And I wonder what that means for some of the youngsters in Caprica like Lacy, or Ben, or her classmates - they’re only a few years older than Bill Adama in Caprica, so it’s not crazy to think they might have made it through after the fall, and were hanging out with (or heck, even started in the vein of STO) Baltar’s creepy religious cult?

That’s a really cool idea. Zoe did mention she felt better out of the Cylon body. Quite a contrast to Cavil later on, who longs to escape the inferior humanoid casing he is given.

I agree, this show just gets better every week. I can’t wait to see what happens next.

the mandala is on the wall there in that same room.

Whoa! Whoa! Slow down! Where was this? Anybody got images?

EDIT: I found this on the Battlestar Wiki, but no images.

• A ring worn by Clarice Willow in Caprica also resembles the mandala.
    -Also in Caprica, The Mandala’s colors can be seen in Zoe’s V-Club room as light shines through the windows.

I was really excited to see the girl who plays Kat on Caprica last episode!!

i did some screen caps… i don’t think they really looked like the mandala. the windows in Zoe’s room inside the V-club certainly doesn’t look that similar beside the colors.

In case of Clarice’s ring, it’s just a huge silver ring with pattern of concentric circles on it. But aside of some thin red lines, it bears no further resemblance.

But I am glad that people are looking into these things deeply like we used to do with BSG.

I’ll post a couple pf the screen shots

That one looks like A mandala, but not The Mandala. Just do a google image search for mandala and you’ll see what I mean.

that is true. when it comes to BSG mandala, i go straight to the Kara/Temple of Jupiter mandala. That is a beautiful set by the way… wish they find a way to utilize it more.

So did I! So excited to see who turns up next!

Also, I loved Lacey’s tackle of that jerky boy! Holy Starbuck, Batman!

Has anyone been watching the Behind the Scenes stuff on the Caprica site?

I think my favorite character is Sam Adama. He just knows who he is! And I love his interaction with Willy.

So far, Willy=creepy.

Zoe=blech in the pilot, getting used to her now.

This show has taken hold of me.

yeah, i am liking Sam too. He is one cool sensitive mobster.

though i have a feeling that I am going to love Lacy the best pretty soon.

No doubt. The Vancouververse (as seen in many Syfy shows and the olypics).

I’ll watch the olmpics tonite and look for BSGverse/Deadlikemeverse scenery.

Anyone catch the original BSG theme/Colonial anthem in the latest episode? That was a nice bit of continuity (or more likely a bone to the die hard fans)…

Yeah, there was a collective hive mind squeal during the frak.

Paper

don’t know if anyone noticed already, but the Paper or photographs in Caprica are not the same in BSG.

In BSG every paper or photo have the corners cut off. In Caprica they are like the ones we have.

In previous episodes, most of the time we see the advanced e-paper or e-photo. The last episode I saw enough regular paper and photos to say that continuity is definitely broken.

They are probably hinting they are no longer cutting corners like they did in BSG.

locations: There is a website somewhere that I saw where a group of peeps would go out & find the shooting locations in Vancuuuver then pose there and/or recreate scenes from BSG.

Lacey: so fine.

Recycled BSG peeps: Like it if not over done. Obviously can’t use any of the major players unless they wear heavy makeup or prosthetics.

Paper: Prolly just art department frak ups. But you would think a continuity director with a pair of scissors could fix that real fast.

Music: caught the Adama/Roslin theme in this last ep.