Considerations

I hope I put this in the right area!

Another forum that I frequent has this same style of board. The admin’s just recently upgraded to the latest in all of it. There were a couple of things that I thought might be worth considering at some point over here as well!

When using the New Posts feature:

when you read the thread it no longer appears in your queue unless a new post appears after.

It does not time out on new posts after an amount of time, they still show as not being read.

If you leave the board & come back without reading some of the posts, it lists the new ones since you left & has a seperate area at the bottom with threads that are not new since last visit, but contain posts you haven’t read yet.

I tend to be a little anal on my forum reading, I like to at least glance at all postings. But when it atutomaticly shows them being read when they haven’t, I miss conversations I might have wanted to join.

Please feel no pressure to implement any of these & there obviously is not a pressing need. I just thought they were nice & you might want to consider them.

I don’t know if it’s possible with this forum software, but I’d also love to see some way to mark threads unread, or at least flag them for future interest. The subscription feature does this in part, but it’s easy to get overwhelmed if there are too many subscriptions. I’ve often just glanced at threads in the past without reading them thoroughly, and it would nice to be able to mark the ones I’d like to return to without just having to remember them on my own. Thanks!

That’s kind of what I’m talking about. The nice thing about teh upgrade that he used is, once you read it, it’s off the queue & you can just read them all straight down the line. It doesn’t become a big search to the unread threads if you haven’t stopped by in a couple days. Also if you don’t get a chance to read it, it’s still there for you to read later.