Complete Marvel Reading Order

For those of you as OCD as me, this guy is making a list to read the entire marvel universe in order, starting with Fantastic Four #1.

http://cmro.travis-starnes.com/

The list is still a work in progress, but he’s got several thousand comics listed, and it’s current through 1978.

Since I’m probably as OCD as you, I’ll pretend I never heard of such a list. I fear if I start looking, I’ll try and read everything on the list myself.

Kudos to the guy for doing it though. When it gets into the modern age, I’ll probably take a couple peaks to see how what I’ve been reading falls chronologically.

Wouldn’t the World War 2 stuff be first?

Technically, that was Timely. Marvel Comics started with FF#1 (although it’s really the same company.)

Well, it’s been nice knowing you all :stuck_out_tongue:

Runs off to read FF#1

Fair point, but what about comics since Marvel that have taken place in WWII or before. Like say…Wolverine: Origins taking place in the 1800s?

That part of the past hasn’t happened yet.

Anyone care to take a guess on how long it would take to read it all start to finish? Plus there’s new stuff coming out all the time. You’d eventually catch up, but I imagine it would take a while.

I take great joy in knowing that by the time I retire – assuming the apocalypse hasn’t happened – all comics ever will be available in a single click.

This calls for a race. Every 50 you have to answer 5 randomly selected questions about the comics (to prove you actually read them). First one to the Age of Apocalypse wins a coke. Go!

It’s publication order (mostly). Anything in the vein of a flashback will be on the list when it was published.

Then it’s not in chronological order. raaaaaaaaaargh

Externally chronological not Internally chronological. I expect that there are too many retconsto do an accurate internal chronological order.

What’s the point then it’s not a read order =/

It’s not about the order in which the events occur (or even published) that is important, it’s the order in which those events should be experienced.

An internal chronological order for the marvel universe already exists. This lets you experience the universe in the order that it was created. It all comes down to what your preference is.

It does?! Where

This one has chronologies for characters:

Marvel Chronology Project

This one is more comprehensive:

Marvel Universe Reading Order

That’s sick and what I thought this topic was about to begin with!

There’s also torrent packs with the comics in order. I’m not sure if the orders are consistent with each other, but they do tend to have some of those random one-shots that can be hard to find.