Comic books on e-readers

Hey, I’m looking at getting an e-Reader, but I’m wondering if there are comic books available for either the Kindle or the Nook. The information I’m getting direct from their respective websites isn’t telling me much.

I don’t think either platform allows use of removable storage. The Kindle has an “experimental” browser which is usable but fairly clumsy because you navigate using a 4 way directional pad, I can’t speak for the Nook and what it’s browser capabilities are. This mostly limits you to viewing a comic in picture form via a webpage, and in that case, still in black and white only. If you’re talking about the fancy pants new Kindle Fire, I have no clue what Amazon will allow that thing to do out of the box. When it comes to colour tablets, most people I know use a pay service like Comixology to read comics via tablets, or they scan comics from their own collections.

I don’t know what your price range is, but I use ComicZeal on the iPad to read comics and it is amazing. If that was all the iPad could do, I think I still would have bought one. I’d imagine that there are similar apps available for other tablets, but I don’t know about the Kindle Fire. My mom just got one, so the next time I visit, I’ll play with it and report back.

here’s a linkage for Comix on Kindle Fire.

//youtu.be/vn6LEXf0FF8

I’ve tried several of the “Free” comics.

It reads well and looks great. You can pinch zoom and tap for full page or the panel to panel.

You can visit Amazon.com and search for “Kindle Fire Comics” to see what is available out there.

I haven’t tried it on the my wife’s Nook Color. If I can I’ll try it there as well and let you know.

OB

I occasionally read comics on my iPad using Stanza. Stanza is very much book-focused and not a perfect comic reader, but it’s also free and does a competent job with CBZs.