Cleveland-Area Meetup 7-9 Oct 2011

Hello Ohio & Ohio-Area GWC Gang!

Sorry it’s taken me so long to post, but I just received info last night concering Shooter Jr’s hockey tournament this weekend.

The games will all be played at the Mentor Civic Center and I’ve made hotel reservation in Beachwood.

Game Times are:

7:45 PM Friday 7 Oct

1:15 PM Sat 8 Oct

8:30 AM Sun 9 Oct

Final Game TBD on Sun 9 Oct (probably 3:45 PM or 5:30 PM but could be a later 7:15 PM game)

Based on that schedule we could either meet late on Friday night after the game (say 10 pm) or any time Saturday evening/night. I probably won’t be able to stay out much later than 11 or midnight on Saturday, but we could start earlier.

Thought anyone?

~Shooter Out

No live music this time, so we can actually hear each other talk.

Shootz, what’s your preference?

Since “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” was officially repealed and since I’m a nice guy I’ll answer your question.

Shooter’s preference, in decending order or priority, is:

1. Robotech Veritech Mechs
  2. Pleasure Bots
  3. Women
  4. The Reverend Sean (Since I’m sure any activity with him would be well thought out and personally appealing)
  5. German Chocolate Cake (I’m a sucker for a good moist chocolate)

TMI?

~Shooter Out

Saturday would be preferable for me. I finish up work Friday morning and have to go back out Sunday night, I think Rachel’s schedule is the same.

So sometime Saturday after 4 pm would work for you?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yep, I’m free all day Saturday.

Talk about Team Sean…

I’m really bummed about this, but my finances will just not allow me to come down this weekend. Have fun & hopefully next time I can make it down.

I’m bummed too. But are you planning on the March meetup in Texas this year?

That is the current plan! Hoping I can use frequent flyer miles for it! :wink:

So, any ideas for the meetup?
We want to do dinner then hangout?
Or just a hangout? Maybe someplace without a live band that can’t be talked over.
Any thots on a location or should I hit up Rachel for suggestion?

You’ll be missed Aset. :frowning:

Here’s what I’m thinking: either movie & dinner followed by time at my hotel lobby or scratch the movie and just hang out at dinner/drinks then the hotel lobby. We could even play a board game in the lobby to. I’m really open to other suggestions.

Bahama Breeze in Beechwood looks nice, but they are only open to midnight.

Thoughts?

I’m not so familiar with Cleveland except for right around where Rachel lives. I’ll ask her for suggestions tonight. Also I checked the website for Bahama Breeze, there’s a live band scheduled Saturday from 5 to 10.

Ok, how about this place The Winking Lizard Tavern.
It’s close to where Shooter’s staying and as far as I can tell there’s no live band scheduled.

I’ve not been to the one over there, but all the Winking Lizards are great. And they’re more of a restaurant/sports bar environment, so unlikely to have live music.

I have been to that Winking Lizard. It’s nice, especially the patio, and they never have live music. And they have about 40 billion beers to choose from.

Sadly, I cannot come but I wholeheartedly recommend it.

(I’m assuming that “That Winking Lizard” is the one south of Bahama Breeze, on Miles road)

I might have to change to the Mentor location. I’ll know more late tomorrow night after the game. Shooter Jr might be spending time with friends at their hotel.

I know there’ll be some gametime decisions, but…

1. are we def’nitely looking at Saturday over Friday?

2. what time are we thinking? closer to 6 or 10?

Definitely Saturday.

Anytime after 5 is good for me. What’s good for you?

After further review closer to 6 would work better for me. But I’m flexible.