Chief and Cally, was love there?

I got around to watching the full extended Daybreak and was surprised (pleasantly I might add) to see a scene with Cally and Chief. In the extended version, the scene pops up after Chief has killed Tory, which made me wonder about the nature of their relationship.

When I saw Chief kill Tory originally, I saw it as rage, but not a rage out of love for Cally, but more out of anger that Tory never said anything and that she didnt give him the chance to confront her himself.

But after seeing this bonus scene, I see it as he really did love her. His angst and pain that he expressed towards her wasnt really about her, but him projecting (funny) his internal problems onto her.

And its a shame. After he does come to terms with himself, he is more stable. It makes the loss of Cally and their relationship all the more tragic.

thoughts?

I think Chief loved Cally. It’s obvious from the start that Cally was enamored with Tyrol yet he treated her like a little sister. I liken their relationship to Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley. Once Chief looked at Cally as a woman and not a little girl, he was able to appreciate her more.

Marriage is difficult and the circumstances they were in didn’t help. Tyrol’s anger and “cabbage” comments I think were directed inward. He was lashing out and angry at himself for Cally’s suicide. Once he found out the truth, I think all that bubbled to the surface. Once he murdered Tory, Tyrol was released from the burden and fault of Cally’s death.

His family fantasy with Boomer was what he wanted. Boomer knew that and used him. Tyrol was a simple man. Under different circumstances I think Tyrol and Cally would have been happy together.

Weather it was Callie herself or just a Cabbage fetish, I think he loved her. while watching the show “live” the first time through, i thought maybe he married her out of guilt that he almost killed her. But, upon watching it again (ok and again) I think he realized his feelings for her when he thought he was going to lose her. (same episode) IMHO.

I think it’s obvious that Tyrol did love Cally. The ferocity of his assault on Tory really had no other explanation.

And in case we really needed any more proof: :smiley:

well i love cabbage too… she’s just so awesome

Can someone refresh my memory about the cabbage thing??

When Adama confronted Tyrol in the bar, he lashed out about Cally and memorably complained that ‘she smelled like cabbage!’

I like the smell of cabbage, myself. With potatoes and kielbasa. gurgle

Ok, thank you. I remember the scene, but not the specific lines.

So it could be said that little Nic Tyrol, smells like Hot dogs and Cabbage…

“Want a little sauerkraut on that dog?”

Is that what Callie said?

that’s wrong on so many levels :eek:

And yet funny on every single one of em :smiley:

By golly! Did he lose weight or what?

It’s the cabbage diet.

hey, you can’t make kimchi without cabbage… and kimchi is the hot and spicy goodness…

anyway, i always thought Tyrol killed Tory out of love for Cally and anger for the way she died and the way he was lied to.

Cally may not have been the love of his life, but he did love her.