Chat?

It has been mentioned that, due to our relentless use of Twitter as our own personal chat room, perhaps the members of GWC could use a chat room of some sort. IRC was suggested, I was wondering if one of the audio services like Skype or Talkshoe might be good, since they have the phone/text thing too. Or shall we just continue on as we are, making our Tweets look like a James Joyce novel, all bizarre (but nerdy) stream-of-consciousness? I’m cool with whatever, but thought I’d check, just in case I missed some further discussion about the matter while I was asleep (since a lot of discussion seems to happen during the hours that I am asleep lately). :smiley:

Chat could be neat… I know what you mean about feeling that you miss out on things because you aren’t up for them (or happen to be travelling a particular day, have no internet, etc). I have no technical suggestions to help out with it, though.

I was gone for a week and missed you all. I have to listen to a few podcast too.

We decided some while back to avoid creating a GWC live chat room. Bringing these discussons (like many of those streamed through Twitter recently) to the forum makes them more accessible to the group as a whole as opposed to just those there at the moment. And keeping things open to new friends is what GWC is all about.

I should probably put this in the FAQ. :slight_smile:

New friends! Yay!

That makes a lot of sense - though I do have to admit that I feel a bit of a disconnect between Twitter and the Forum. Thanks for explaining it :slight_smile:

Don’t feel bad…I’m about 6 podcasts behind…at least.’

And I’m way behind on Webisodes.

I don’t disagree with your philosophy at all…I think what we’re seeing in Twitter at the moment is general silliness and just shooting the shit get-togethers, which is the type of chat I was suggesting, ,not “is it earth or erf” chat. We can continue as we are in Twitter, which has been fun.

Speaking of chats, I thought we could hang out on IRC together one of these days. It’s live chatting and it’s free… maybe for a frak party, one of these days? I understand it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. Let me know if anyone is interested…

How does live listen to a livecast and call in at the same time?:eek: