Change "Firefly" forum to "Joss Whedon Universe"?

With Dr. Horrible, Buffy and soon Dollhouse, I am wondering if we shouldn’t change the Firefly forum to Joss Whedon Universe.

Thoughts?

(btw, I am purposely not giving a Baltar choice…sorry) :wink:

Good idea Solai

I likes it.

We should have done it from jump.

Sounds good to me!

I voted yes, but I’m having second thoughts. Some people wouldn’t know that (e.g.) Dr. Horrible is a Whedon project, and might not think to look there.

It might be best to keep each project in its own folder.

Perhaps when they first post, I agree. With proper moderation those threads can be moved to the right place and ultimately those who don’t associate Joss’ name with his products will figure it out.

Overall I think the reward (centralized info on Joss products) will outweigh the risk (people posting redundant threads)

Could somebody give me a quick 25 words on what the heck the Joss Whedon Dr. Horrible thing is? A lot of folks on GWC seem excited about it, but what is it? (apologies for being to lazy to find out for myself)…

If you are unspoiled Thot I recommend purchasing it through Itunes. Four bucks for 40 minutes of pretty funny stuff. I will send you four dollars if you don’t like it, I promise.

Trust me. You will enjoy it.

Your recommendation is good enough for me. Clicking on iTunes Store, and downloading now…

yes, Thot–run, don’t walk to your nearest iTunes store and download!!!

I did, I did—just a moment ago I bought the Seasons Pass on iTunes, …but nothng downloaded … Hrrmmph…:frowning:

Something similar happened to me. I recommend trying two things:

1. Confirm you are on the latest version of Itunes (Help menu\Check for Updates)

2. Refresh your podcasts (check for updates). When one starts downloading click on the Downloading icon. When I purchased mine a new button appeared at the bottom “Check for purchases”. Click there.

Hope this helps!

Check your shopping cart, too. You may have to confirm your purchase there, depending upon how iTunes is set up.

I decree it Yes

Thanks. I’ll try those things. In a fit of impatience last night I went and bought Act 1 separately, even thought I had already bought the Season Pass.

A portion of the forum dedicated to the Whedonverse can only be a good thing IMHO. TFG, can’t wait ti hear your thots on Dr. Horrible. It’s like a party on my Ipod.

I called my friend last night to ask for her thoughts, and she didn’t know what it was. I cried a little bit. She loved Buffy and Firefly and she had missed Dr. Horrible entirely! She’s also actually too poor right now to buy it on iTunes :frowning:

I highly recommend allowing your friend supervised visitation with you laptop or Ipod. I did this for a friend in the same sitch and she really appreciated the pick-me-up. Supervision is necessary, because they will watch it repeatedly…like me! :smiley:

When I got the season pass there were a few extra questions more than when I just buy a song. They want to make sure you know how the pass works. I do have the last version of iTunes so that may also be an issue if you have a old version.

I, as the saying goes, almost fell out of my chair laughing. I now also understand some of the odd comments that some of the GWC gang have been saying. If you have a friend that does not have access be good and bring your copy to show them. Hay what are friends for.