Captain Tightpants and the amazing electric flying car

(sorry Chuck, it’s not really a flying car. I just put that there to get you to read the post.)

Always glad to see a Firefly alum getting a gig! It looks like Nathon Fillion had a speaking part at the launch of the Archimoto ‘Red 5’, he read a thank you to the folks who made the thing. It’s adorable. Of course. Here’s the speech and yes, it does look like it’s made in Oregon.

[i]“Thank you.

Thank you so much for simply yet so radically revolutionizing the auto industry, an industry that has seen so little change in the last century.

Thank you for making a cleaner vehicle for which the energy infrastructure already exists.

Thank you for seeing a need facing a mere 90% of the population, and filling it.

Thank you for giving me a way to stick it to big oil and big auto companies. Because… I am a vengeful man. And they’ve been sticking it to me for a long time.

No matter how old I get, I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of the fact that it looks a little like a spaceship. I’m kind of into spaceships, so thanks for that.

Thank you for keeping it in Eugene.

Thank you for taking this venture upon yourselves, through the long hours of hard work, the sacrifices that you and your families have endured. Ladies and Gentlemen, you of Arcimoto have done something amazing and I hope that you are proud.

P.S. Last time I was here I think I left my iPhone charger in your offices, give me a call if you find it.”
[/i]

http://www.arcimoto.com/journey/thank-you

Pics on io9 http://m.io9.com/5802063/nathan-fillion-launches-a-new-electric-car-it-looks-a-little-like-a-spaceship-im-kind-of-into-spaceships

This is where I am! I’m super excited, I hope the Arcimoto is a success. Our local economy is… challenged… elipsis… so having a good manufacturing shop like this that happens to do cool things would be super neat.

When he was in town, it was all over the local news. Friends were stopping me in the hallway at work: “Did you hear Nathan Fillion’s in town?!”

Standard Eugene Resident greeting when encountering him: “Cap’n.”<nod>
Second-most standard greeting: “Got any change?”

So totally cool Thunderscreech! I’m a little behind on the news down here in the flyover states. :frowning: I hope the Arcimoto is a success too. It looks like a motorcycle I would be brave enough to drive.