Captain America vs Ironman

Yesterday our very own juiceandbenny was having a family discussion that she posted on Twitter: Captain America is waay better than Iron Man.

juiceandbennyCaptAmericaVIronman.jpg

I couldn’t think of a better way to solve her dilemma than creating a GWC Geek Deathmatch. Sure, if you listen to the GWC podcast or read the Avengers comics you KNOW what happens but if you were Stan Lee for a day who would you choose to win this contest? And be sure to post your rationale below so juiceandbenny can use it at home.

Let’s see whatca got GWC! Captain or Shellhead? Go!

two words … Pepper Potts.

OB

The Iron Man from movies 1 & 2 could be defeated by Cap, the final model in the Avengers I am not so sure… Cap has more heart and dedication than Tony, and Cap is far better at thinking on his feet and adjusting to changes on a chaotic and fluid battlefield. And Cap has the benefit of lots and lots of experience in battle, and is a good tactician. I think he could outmaneuver Tony, and place him in a situation where Iron man’s strengths could be minimized. And then wear Tony down in a long protracted guerrilla style battle, and then deliver the finishing blows when the suit is running out of power and munitions.

Now the new ‘Extremus’ style suit which will be appearing in Iron Man 3 is another story… The new tech in it allows Tony to control multiple suits at the same time, which means that Tony could smother Cap in a platoon of unmanned power armor. And one of those suits is a ‘Hulkbuster’! So in this situation Cap would not stand a chance. One Iron Man, I would go with Cap. 10 Iron Man’s, no chance.

I extended my vote for Captain America. Yes he is old fashioned and underpowered versus Ironman but I’ll take Steve Roger’s faith in humanity and belief in others over Tony Stark any day. Tony is very selfish and any altruistic tendencies on his part are short lived and mostly superficial. I’d like to think that Rogers’ military training, experience and natural abilities coupled with his true heart will be able to out fight Stark somehow, but recognize that it is almost an impossible task given Stark’s heavily advanced technology. Stark believes there is a conspiracy around every corner. Rogers believes in mom and apple pie. The truth is somewhere in the middle, at least in the world of The Avengers. Regardless, Captain America has my vote, for better or worse.

~Shooter Out

You misspelled Iron Man in the poll. and which Iron man / Cap combo are you talking about? Are we talking 1940’s cap? modern cap? as for iron man, which suit of armor is he wearing? Mark I? Mark V? Extremis? Or, as I assume are you talking about the movie versions? If so, then I am assuming you mean the most recent armor and cap as of 4/2/2013 (Pre-Iron Man 3) I will still say Iron Man. Ol’ Shell head will always be at the top of my list!

Isn’t there ANY Captain America love in GWC? This is distressing.

You get us wrong, we do love the self absorbed super patriot, we just identify more with a billionaire philanthropist playboy.

Random musing: I wonder how would Capt & Stark appear like as marionettes in a Trey Parker production :slight_smile:

Ummm … GENIUS, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist :slight_smile:

//youtu.be/VVyoXimCrdQ

OB

I stand corrected