Can Superman live w/o food and water?

We all know superman is super. If there’s no kryptonite and he has normal exposure to the yellow sun, he can heal from the most horrendous injuries instantly.

so… can he live without food and water? could he just absorb sun light and survive?

Good question. The sun-related stuff that I’ve read has been relatively short-term, so I suspect that’s sort of top of his survival pyramid.

I can’t recall anything about normal food/water though.

Well Supes can live without oxygen. He can live in space. I would assume that he does not need food and/or water

Camels do well without either, for a while.

Supes is an organic being, and I think he needs some kind of carbon-based sustenance. How much is open to question as far as I can tell.

Upon first reading i thot you were saying that Camels could live without oxygen and in space. i was going to question your source for this knowledge. Then i understood your statement

Can he actually heal super fast or does he just not take damage easily? I seem to remember the whole death of superman thing where he didn’t actually die but took a long time to heal up.

Its my understanding he only eats for pleasure not because he has to I dont know about liquid but as you know he absorbs the sun for nourishment as well. It is a comic though so the rules could change at any moment.

this is what i get. without being near to kryptonite he can take any human made damage, except magic or another super powered alien. when he is near kryptonite or comes in contact with magic or other super powered aliens, then he gets hurt, but once those things are removed he heals really fast as long as he is under the white sun.

i don’t know what reason they made the recovery slow after the death of superman storyline whenhe was in the Fortress of Solitude, maybe it was Doomsday’s poison.

well after all superman is only an analogy for, aslan; i mean crom. So the real question is does crom need to eat?

Wait…they dont? You sure about that?

Think Supes needs food and water…the sun gives him his strength, but he still needs a burger from time to…

You sure about the “no space camel” thing???

now we only need to solve their spitting in the helmet problem…

The whole Superman v. cigarettes thing is leaving me really confused people.

The fabulous Supertalosbunny cannot live without food or water.

or dresses for that matter…