Buffy season 2 episode 7 Lie to me

Lie to me: or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love, the Divinyls

Quotes

Xander: Come on if Angel is doing something wrong I want to know. Cause it gives me a happy
Buffy: I’m glad someone has a happy

Willow Oh thats what that songs about

Willow You made him do thats thing where he’s gone.

Angel: This use to pretty simple. A hundred years just hanging out feeling guilty, Really honed my brooding skills. Than she comes along.

Giles: you’re not by any chance betraying your secret identity, to impress cute boys, are you?

Spike the birds dead Dru. You left it in a cage and didn’t feed i and now its dead, just like the last one.
Drusilla (Whimpers)
Spike Oh i’m sorry baby. Look I’m a bad rude man.

Ford: I know who you are
Spike:Yeah I know who I am too so what

Ford I want to be like you a vampire
Spike I’ve known you for all of two minutes and i can’t stand you. I don’t really feature you livin’ forever. Can I eat him now love?

Xander: Angel was in your bedroom?
Willow: Ours is a forbidden love

marvin: She’s an unbeliever she taints us
Buffy I am trying to save you. You are playing in some serious traffic. Do you understand that? You’re going to die, and the only hope you have of surviving this is to get out of this pit right now and… My god could you have dorkier outfit?

Giles: You mean life?
Buffy. Yeah. Does it get easy?
Giles: What do you want me to say?
Buffy: Lie to me
Giles: Yes its terribly simple. The good guys are always stalwart and true. The bad guys are easily distinguished by their pointy horns or black hats. And we always defeat them and save the day. No one ever dies and everyone lives happily ever after.

Untrue Thoughts

Drusilla is always the creepiest of all vampires

I like how angel seems to not want to kill Spike and Drusilla but just wants them out of the way. Well okay maybe its just Drusilla; Spike he’ll kill just fine.

Hey that dude from Roswell’s a douche on Buffy

Buffy and the Divinyls

One of the greatest Buffy/spike vids of all time. but be warned there’s Spoilers, sexual content, nostalgia and awesomeness.

//youtu.be/45qfJlampSw

Angel is really bad at being undercover… sore thumbs indeed

can I just say that Jenny taking Giles to see monster trucks was scene i really wanted to see.

This episode cemented my Love for the Spike and Drusilla relationship, cause they were a couple as real and complex as Buffy, and angel or any of the scoobie gang

you got to give it to Angel the dude does evil well. :eek:

I like the twist in the end When you find out ford is dying and still in the end he’s still just a douche. A terminally ill douche but still a douche

Some strong acting in this episode, the big emotional / tone-al switch you see here is later perfected and used in much of Whedon’s work

and the last scene with Giles’s speech in the end is profound, and something we all have had to face. Its kind of touching really. and one scene that you can say sums up the entire series

So good i’m going to watch it again.

whoa, thanks for the vid, dude. now I need a cold shower

I’d forgotten this was a by-Joss ep

Jenny is so beautiful. no wonder Giles is smitten (but MONSTER TRUCKS???)

Xander can be such a d-bag sometimes

ruffles and a shiny purple cape? really Marvin?

I love Willow’s room: microscope, lava lamp, geometric mobile

inviting Angel in [spoiler]she’ll be regretting that one later[/spoiler]

Xander to Will: you have too many thots

blonde chick who eventually becomes Anne, benefactor of the homeless–what an idiot

this is a great setup for the back half of the season. I’m really looking forward to the next several weeks (especially now that I’m FINALLY CAUGHT UP :D)

That speech always gave me goosebumps.

Drusilla is always the creepiest of all vampires

She was unsettling every time she was onscreen, vampire or not. Such an amazing character.

Hey that dude from Roswell’s a douche on Buffy

And then he’s a much better boyfriend in The Grudge, although she gets him killed again anyway. :frowning:

and the last scene with Giles’s speech in the end is profound, and something we all have had to face. Its kind of touching really. and one scene that you can say sums up the entire series

Couldn’t agree more.