Buffy Season 2 episode 6 Halloween

Halloween: or how i learned to stop worrying and love Giles beating Ethan Rayne into submission.

Quotes

Buffy: Most importantly, it would be wrong.

Buffy It must have been wonderful to put on some fantabulous gown… and go to a ball like a princess, and have horses and servants and yet more gowns.
Willow: yeah… Still i think i prefer being able to vote.

Xander: i prefer my women in spandex.

Dru: Miss Edith needs her tea
Spike come here poodle
Dru. Do you love my insides? The parts you can’t see?
Spike Eyeballs to entrails my sweet.

Cordy. Is mister i’m so great i don’t have to show up for my date or even call gonna be there?
Oz:Yeah. He’s just goin’ by Devon now.

Willow she’s not buffy
Xander Who’s buffy
willow: oh this is fun.

Buffy: A demon! a demon! a demon!!
Willow: its not a demon its a car
Buffy What does it want?

Xander: She must be right. We must have some kind of amnesia.
Buffy: i don’t know what that is, but I’m sure I don’t have it. i bathe quite often.

Giles: and your costume
Willow I’m a ghost
Giles Yes but, um… The ghost of what exactly.

ghoulish thoughts

Bad things happen at pops pumpkin patch after hours

Why is it They make it seem like Buffy’s hair is horrible when it looks like a team of professionals worked on it for hours, right because a team of profesionals did work on it for hours. The entire thing seems silly, just mess up your hair for god’s sake.

If Snyder thinks Buffy is a delinquent why would he put her in charge of children?

Giles: real hobbies

1. raising demons
  2. Listening to records
  3. horseback riding
  4. petty theft and vandalism,
  5. being awesome

Sarah really has good comedy chops in this episode

Aww that nice man’s helping Buffy out… I’m sure there’s nothing bad or evil about him.

Willows costume… I’ll be back in a little while

I to renounce spandex as well. than i never really nounced spandex so…

People who give tooth brushes for Halloween deserve all the T.P. they get.

willows costume again… I’ll be back in a little bit.

Ethan and ripper face off. its like Mr. T and Rocky accept with tweed and scones.

beating up pirates will always give a person closure; don’t believe me give it a try.

Its always awesome when Giles goes off on someone. he’s just so good at that dry evil thing, i’ll beat you to within an inch of your life. The whole time never loosing my decorum or raising my voice…

Why did they all just let spike run off in the end?

and Willow walking off all confident in her costume which to some degree isn’t a costume after this. because she found her Mojo.

and now I’m spent.

A great example of the writers playing to there strengths twisting your expectation strangely towards the more common; the strong man saves the helpless woman. But for regular viewers were all just so creeped out cause this is just so wrong in BTVS world. and you realize just how skewed so much other media is.

A great episode. and the next one is awesome as well

Damn, NB, how’d you get so far into season 2? (I know, I know–try to keep up, D)

I love love LOVE this episode, but I’m still catching up, so you’ll definitely hear more from me on this subject later

thanks again for starting and staying with this, NB

I’m fighting the urge right now to push ahead and watch “Lie to me” and “the Dark age” cause just how great are both those episodes.

vamp getting dusted with the pumpkin patch sign from this ep was the image I’d see daily on f/x promoting their syndicated run of BtVS. can’t tell you how many times I saw that and thot how silly it must be. foolish fooooolish lady d.

Willow: I don’t get wild. Wild on me = spaz

if Ethan weren’t a servant of Chaos, I’d swear he was a pedophile

I would also have liked to see the boys go nonverbal over Willow

Willow re wimpyBuffy: she couldn’t have dressed up as Xena?

Cordelia: who died and made her (Willow) the boss (she says as Will walks through the wall behind her)
and
Giles’ reaction to Will coming through the wall in front of him–priceless

I wonder why Larry the Pirate wasn’t gay?

Spike is the coolest vampire evah

Ethan smackdown! and in one moment Giles goes from sweet stuffy watcherly father figure to badass

Oz–again. so annoying we didn’t get to keep him longer.

I always got the impression that Snyder knew more than he ever let on. Maybe he thought that they would be safe with the Slayer. Or maybe he thought if she was saddled with kids depending on her, whatever evil was afoot wouldn’t have to worry about her. His true motivations were somewhat mysterious, IMO. I’d have loved to see his character be explored more throughout the series, but alas…

Its always awesome when Giles goes off on someone. he’s just so good at that dry evil thing, i’ll beat you to within an inch of your life. The whole time never loosing my decorum or raising my voice…

As we’ll see fully demonstrated much later in the series. [spoiler]Poor Ben :([/spoiler]

Why did they all just let spike run off in the end?

Because he’s awesome, and the show would suck without him? :slight_smile:

Because those two things are mutually exclusive?

I wonder why Larry the Pirate wasn’t gay?

The whole point of dressing up was to be something different than you are every other day…

Spike is the coolest vampire evah

Definitely top 5. :smiley:

Willow’s costume is quite nice in this episode. She should have worn it more often. :smiley:

I really like how this episode influenced the gang’s choice of costume in Season 4’s Halloween episode.