Buffy season 1 episode 6 the pack

Buffy season 1 episode 6
The Pack

Quotes:

Xander: We just saw the zebras mating. Thank you. Very exciting.
Willow: It was like the Heimlich, with stripes!

Giles: Xander’s taken to teasing the less fortunate?
Buffy: Uh-huh.
Giles: And, uh, there’s a noticeable change in both clothing and demeanor?
Buffy: Yes.
Giles: And, well, otherwise, all his spare time’s spent lounging about with imbeciles?
Buffy: It’s bad, isn’t it?
Giles: It’s devastating. He’s turning into a sixteen-year-old boy. Of course, you’ll have to kill him.

Giles: Testosterone is the great equalizer it turns all men into morons. He will however get over it
Buffy: i can’t believe you of all people are trying to Scully me

Hyena possession induced Thoughts

A better episode than most give it credit for
Showcasing the different aspects of peer pressure in hyena possession kind of way. and how one person can pull away from current friends to new social group.

Nice teachers get eaten, its just a sad truth in the world that is Buffy. but honestly a great deal, of people are eaten and not in naughty fun way. but a more altogether horrific way.
[spoiler]I miss principle Snyder[/spoiler]

Buffy Dodge-ball
“if you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.” that movie ruined me on any dodgeball related media

I liked the father like role Giles played to Xander in the end; it happens too rarely on Buffy over all i really liked this one.

I actually liked this episode a lot. Xander centric episodes are generally pretty good imo. This, the praying mantis lady episode, the one where he gets a clone, uh…are there others? Lol

can you say “The Zeppo”? “Hell’s Bells” (mostly) “Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered”?

I will say for Xander centric episodes they always have a very distinctive feel to them. and although i’m not a giant fan of Xander’s character all that much, he does annoy me some. but somehow he comes off as the biggest hero of them all. the speech he gives to dawn in “potential” is one of my favorite on all of Buffy.

“He’s turning into a sixteen-year-old boy. Of course, you’ll have to kill him.”

I always loved that quote. :slight_smile:

The end of Mr. Flutie. And that poor pig. :frowning:

So how long do you think the pack was in therapy after the possession was over? Eating the principal has to rank pretty high on the list of childhood traumas…

More like wonderful childhood experiences. Cough