Buffy Season 1 Episode 5 Never Kill a Boy on the First Date

Buffy Season 1 Episode 5

Never Kill a Boy on the First Date

Quotes

Buffy: At this point your abusing sarcasm

Giles: Buffy, this is no ordinary vampire. But we have to stop him before he reaches the Master.
Buffy: But cute guy! Teenager! Post-pubescent fantasies!

Giles: Buffy, when I said you could slay vampires and have a social life, I didn’t mean at the same time.

Cordillia: Hello salty goodness. Not great line really, but in the overall arc between Cordy and angel it pretty cool. To see how it started.

Buffy/like Thoughts

I liked that this is just about the only time people come into library for normal reasons

There was Buffy in a miniskirt brings up carnal thoughts) than her in a tiger skin hoody well the carnal thoughts go to a more of a circus direction

Well let’s just put it this way; all of them were dressed badly, but now again I look up and she’s wearing a miniskirt again…

Good music in this episode “Strong” by a great band “Velvet Chain”

Anointed one’s only true purpose [spoiler] to be killed by spike in season two [/spoiler] I mean he’s very important

And yea!!! The Giles ghost buster car

And the sad fact appears that if you try to date Buffy, big or small, smart or stupid alive or dead, nothing, good will come of it… (Snicker)

A good episode, by my likings,

Fav quotes:

Giles:You’re expending too much effort. It should be plunge and move on. Plunge and move on.(every college guy’s MO).

Buffy:Two points for the Slayer while the Watcher has yet to score.

Willow (about Owen):He’s solitary, mysterious. He can brood for 40 minutes straight. I’ve clocked him.

Buffy:I broke my watch and we don’t have any clocks in my house and I didn’t know what time it was or what day…
Owen:I thought I was the only one that happened to.

Nicknames:

Angel:Salty Goodness (so say we all!)
It’s really sweet to see that whe was attracted to Angel when she first laid eyes in him.
[spoiler]Even though they never hook up. C’est la vie![/spoiler]

Observations:

If he wasn’t so eager to find trouble, Owen would have been a great boyfriend…or cannon fodder…whatever. His idea of first date fun is a funeral
home to see dead bodies! Plus, soylent green!

Buffy asks Giles if the dress made her look fat. I didn’t think it did until we got a longg shot of her pairing the green leafy minidress with knee high black boots. 2 words…Tack E. This aired during my senior year in HS and NO ONE wore hooker clothes to school like Buffy. Then again, it was South Carolina, not Southern Cali.

At some point, it becomes clear that all of these prophesies in these dusty old books eventually come to pass. No matter what they do to try and stop it.
Let’s face facts people. Defensive manuevers!

It’s getting better.

I’ve noticed in these first few eps how much sexier Buffy looks compared to S7 StickBuffy. wardrobe is decidedly on the tacky side, but SMG = hot (and I don’t usually say that about girls :D)

and Cordelia? such a ho