Buffy season 1 episode 4 Teachers pet

Quotes

Buffy: A younger man is too dumb to wonder why an older woman can’t find someone her own age; and is to desperate to care about the surgical improvements.

(Giles offers Buffy a glass of water,)
Giles: drink this
Buffy: no thank you
(Buffy drinks the water.)

Buffy: I’m going to be late for biology
Principle flutie: Extremely late, you have to see a counselor; everyone who saw the body has to see a crisis counselor…. We all need help with our feelings otherwise we bottle them up and before we know it. Powerful laxatives are involved.

Buffy: no I’m not saying she craned, her neck were talking full on exorcist twist

Giant bug like thoughts

Well not the worst episode in the history of Buffy a case can be made indeed

I mean what could possibly go wrong with this idea the substitute teacher is actually a giant praying mantis, feeding on Virgins.

I will add that the moment a teacher is a good understanding, person and not completely crappy or altogether nutbar to Buffy… Well there destined to die, it’s just a law of physics in Buffy. They must all die unnaturally and painfully. It’s kind of like wearing a red shirt on star trek

There was a point where I found it a little insulting that supposedly I nice piece of tail can destroy all brain functions of a man, but in all honesty it can destroy some of higher brain functions. Just not all… well usually

Oh and I almost forgot the best part [spoiler]Buffy tried to kill the giant big with bug spray…[/spoiler]

Le sigh

Fav quotes:

Cordelia:“I’m not saying we should kill a teacher every day just so I can lose weight, I’m just saying that when tragedy strikes, we have to look on the bright side of things. Like how even used Mercedes have leather seats.”

Buffy: “Her fashion sense screams predator.”
Willow: “It’s the shoulder pads.”
Buffy: “ExacTly.”

Giles, on overseas call:“Frankly Madame, I haven’t the faintest idea what time it is, nor do I care! Now unlock his cell, unstrap him and bring him to the phone immediately! It’s a matter of life and death!”

Nicknames:

Ms. French: Miss Well-proportioned

Claw-handed Vamp: The Fork Guy, Silverwear Guy

Angel: Criptic Guy, Mystery Guy

Observations:

No dusty vamps yet. The tiny picket fence looked odd, but came in super handy.

Contrary to his many proclamations otherwise, Xander’s middle name is Lavell! Love it. It’s almost as perfect as Anya Jenkins.

Who label’s their food FOOD? That should have tipped Zander off right there. Well, he’s a virgin, so what are you gonna do?

Miss French has the romantic ambiance going (candles, music, martini) when Xander comes over. Really! What on earth makes her think that teenage boys need “atmosphere” in order to be seduced? All she really needed was…well…hmmmm…uh…give me a minute…

Not a bad 4th ep. Thank God it gets better.

Still thinking…

I’m really enjoying the rewatch, but it’s going to take almost 3 years to get through 144 episodes, longer if we bring in Angel at some point. could we manage 2 eps a week? or even a whole disc?

(besides, I’m finding it difficult to watch just one at a time;))

I second that. 2 eps a wk, it will give me something to distract myself from school.:smiley: