Wow Buffy alive,
Jesse died,
Colin had something in his eye.
Luke pretend fried
Than he died

Quotes
Xander: They can fly??
Buffy: no they can drive

Buffy: oh fire, beheading, sunlight, holy water, the usual.
Xander: You’ve done some beheading in your time
Buffy: Oh yeah there was this time I was pinned down by this guy that played left tackle for varsity. Well at least he used to before he was a vampire. Anyway he had this really, really thick neck, and all I had was a little, little X-Acto knife…

Buffy: Don’t go wild bunch on me

(Buffy thinking about getting herself kicked out of school)
Willow: Maybe you can blow something up there really strict about things like that
Buffy: I was thinking about something more subtle approach like excessive not studying.

Thoughts

The episode was exposition-rific.its a little odd to see it after a week break considering its all one story

Angel and Buffy start with inevitable yet tragic flirting.
I liked how they did the tunnel sequences with flashlights very horror movie-ish

And lets not forget the hero shot of the vamps walking out to the song Dashboard prophets, ballad for my dead friends lead by Darla just awesome, it just needed to continue on longer.

Xander killing Jesse as part of establishing the mythology you turn vampire your old self is dead, also that Xander kicks butt

Also add the walk away line of people just rationalizing what they saw away.

Luke had it all under control than he started to Monolog, and we all know how that ends

Over all considering the first two episodes are really just one long episode. It’s a great start to the series, lots of exposition and actors were still getting used to their Characters. But the heart of the series was there. So I’ll finish up with Giles’s epic line

Giles: The earth is doomed

or rather someone bumps into Jesse, and Xander kicks butt by accident :smiley:

now if I can just wait till next week before watching another episode–or ten

no sightings of the Sunnydale High student who may or may not be Maggie Gyllenhaal. and Lady D, you’re stronger than i am - i watched both parts of this story last week.