Buffy Season 1 Episode 1 Welcome the Hellmouth

Buffy Season 1 Episode 1 Welcome the Hellmouth

Quotes:

Willow: Aren’t you hanging out with Cordillia?
Buffy: can’t I do both
Willow: not legally

Buffy: oh you guys are going out?
Willow: no were just friends we used to; but we broke up
Buffy: How come?
Willow: he stole my Barbie… oh we were 5. I don’t actually date a lot lately
Buffy: why not
Willow: Well when I’m with a boy I like its hard for me to say anything cool or witty or at all I… I can usually make vowel sounds

Buffy you mean there’s actually someone in this town. Who doesn’t know already? That s a relief. I’m telling you guys, having a secret identity is a job of work.

Buffy: Now we can do this the hard way or… well there’s actually just the hard way.
Darla: That’s fine with me.
Buffy: are you sure? Now this is not going to be pretty. Were talking strong language, adult content. (Stakes vampire)

General comments

The set up for the entire series
We had the initial switch of the tropes Darla being a vampire and the boy being very much dead. Cordillia as evil and awesome as ever,

It sets up the series in a traditional procedural kind of way, there’s a crime vampires demons witches or whatever the good guys solve it.

But you add some live music directly into the show. The bronze, which was, copied many by other shows (I’m talking about you Smallville that owes a lot to just about everything to Buffy

I will say all in all if I were a Buffy character I’d have been Willow, during high school. Oddly even though I have penis. And being straight. But still I have made more than a few vowel sounds to girls in my day’s back then.

Than there was the shiny angel jacket, I mean all the cool dialog and super cool action, but still the shiny angel jacket (snicker)

And the end of the episode cliffhanger to next week…. Will she die (well probably not but still add the Danger… danger… danger…) theme for effect?

Thoughts… Feeling… violent disagreements; or you know whatever

is that Maggie Gyllenhaal? black dress thing with red spots? in the scene where Buffy meets Cordelia?

Man. They all look so young. I’ve seen this episode before but I haven’t made an effort, IE: “Acquired” it until now. I haven’t watched an episode period but when that Buffy theme came on I was rockin the frak out. Gonna watch it and and then again with the commentary methinks.

Oh and since when does Xander skateboard?

And as far as who in the show I was during highschool…uh. Iunno Xander probably

I think he gave it up right after he left his sternum wrapped around that obstacle. :smiley:

Just completed the rewatch myself.
I’ll add the moment that Buffy first meets Angel, and when Buffy first enters the crypt as great moments in the episode.

i’m serious! at 9:27, right after Buffy and Cordelia walk out of the classroom, the girl on the right side of the screen in what i now see is a red plaid thing with a black zip-up hoodie over it. Maggie Gyllenhaal, or someone who looks unbelievably like her.

Sorry i don’t see her but in all honesty my TV is rather small

on the commentary you will hear joss talk about Xanders Skateboarding life times

he skateboarded in the begining of the show.