Buffy lovin'

Rubbing my hands evilly, cause I love myself some Buffy even after all this time. almost as much as a double entendre.

So thoughts on the coolest vampire show of all time?

Okay so i’ll spill first, see at first i never really liked it all that much, but than like most fans of any show, by chance i saw one episode and that was the end of many free hours of my life. For me it was “School hard” at about 3 am after i got home from a party. and i just loved it. and like usual i enjoyed the villains more than the heroes. So my, and you’ll have to forgive me but “ship” (not the wooden kind) was Spike and Drusilla. but as i watched more of the show, and as it matured through the seasons, it completely blurred those lines, the Heroes did villainous things, and villains did heroic things. it demonstrated truly empowered women, but did its best to not do so at the expense of the male characters. it could usually did make you laugh or cry, it could be camp like you expected peter sellers to walk in at any moment and the next you have long touching speeches. it was about current events and themes that have rang true since forever.

and of coarse there was the whole hot chicks with superpowers thing.
(Buffy and Faith dancing… sorry zoned out there for a second)

as great as Jane Espenson is on BSG to me she will be the one who wrote “Triangle,” did her very best, and almost suceeded in making me pee my pants laughing.

there were bad effects and obvious stunt doubles over the years, but it always had a soul, and strived to be more than just a normal TV show but to be art to be literature, but to never be taken to seriously. They did episodes like “hush”, and i thought it would never work and it did. heartbreaking portrayal of death with “the body”, still to this day the best depiction of a death in a family i have ever seen on tv. they said were doing a musical and i think good god, just how much clearance between you and that shark do you need; and blamo it was incredible.

The acting on BSG is probably the best on average of any show i’ve seen, but i’ll state now that James Marsters is one of the greatest actors of our time. but the fact he was reading Joss’s and company words didn’t hurt much. but that shouldn’t detract from the man’s skill. SMG and AH (reverting back to my old buffy cross and stake forum days) were always strong as well

so favorite moments, things you loved or didn’t i’m interested to hear your thoughts on the show.

(Troll voice) PUNY RECEPTACLES

Buffy rocks.

First episode I ever saw was Becoming Part II. I was hooked. I love the characters and the stories.

Favorite character is Spike (I too love the villains - in fact I actually fell in love with Angel when he was Angelus)

Small aside- I recently got two kittens and named them Spike and Dru.

Ok, weird…Pretty sure that The Becoming Part Two was also the first episode I watched ! And of course I was immediately hooked and had to backtrack the first two seasons. As a male Buffy intruiged me on several levels…strong yet vulnerable, very attractive, and great battling demons!! Of course the incredible writing skills of Joss and Jane and everyone else on this show was second to none…which reminds me of how great it is that Jane is affiliated with BSG now !! The supporting cast of Buffy was fantastic, and yes, Spike was a favorite, although to be truthful Zander was probably more of a match with my persona than old ‘Big Bad’. Giles never ceased to crack me up, and yet there was such an awesome bond between he and Buffy…he really was the dad she didn’t have.
I’ve got all 8 seasons of DVDs, the wife buys me any pertinent book material when it comes out, and, well, there’s a 5 foot tall Buffy standee in my computer room.
'Nuff said ??

HA HA - I used to have a Angel and a Spike standee!! They were damaged in one of my many moves unfortunately. The Angel one I’d had for several years - it used to freak people out when I was in college.

I have all 7 seasons ;), a Buffy lunch box, buffy video games on Xbox & PS2 and every wednesday I get the buffy comic. I was told if I purchased anything it becomes an obsession.

I like Buffy just a little bit.

Oops, right, seven seasons ! Wishful thinking I guess. And I’ve got the Buffy lunchbox too, now that I think of it !! And two Buffy games for XBox 360 (I looove kicking Spike’s *ss!!)

Were you able to find a thermos for the lunchbox or did it come with it?

Negative on the thermos…I didn’t know one was available…And I have to admit that I have TWO Buffy lunchboxes…It was the only way to keep one in good shape as my son wanted his own when he saw mine.

Where do I start?

I came late to the Buffy party, put off by the title. It’s a cliché, but clichés become clichés because of truth. Same with BSG. How many people do you know who hear the words “Battlestar Galactica” and start looking at you with some combination of suspicion, pity, and/or indulgence?

So because of the media hype, I saw a bit of “Once More, With Feeling” and, without context thot, “meh.” My conversion came on Thanksgiving day, 2001. I was thankful that day for holiday marathons. fx was having one, and the first episode I saw was “Amends.” Amazingly smart, funny, rip-your-guts-out drama. Needless to say, I set the VCR (remember those?) to record the rest of the marathon and went to help with the holiday preparations, explaining with embarrassment that my puffy eyes and red nose were not due to any personal tragedy.

Buffy was already in its 6th season with the much maligned evil nerd/Buffy off the rails arc. I loved the nerds (Jonathan & Andrew are proto-Dr Horribles, I think, just, you know, much more pathetic and without the tool-y nemesis) and the Buffy/Spike trainwreck. I just plain love Spike and thot what they did with his character from his first appearance was absofrakkinlutely amazing–including the move to Angel (though I wish they hadn’t let the cat out of the bag on that one until after the finale).

Fortunately for me, fx soon started airing 2 episodes a day, beginning with the pilot, so I was caught up before the S6 finale. I recorded every episode and kept the videotapes until the DVDs came out. There does not exist an episode of Buffy I would not gladly rewatch–even the one or two clunkers (“Beer Bad” “Doublemeat Palace”) have redeeming qualities.

NB, if your aim was to get people in the mood for a rewatch, count me in. If not, well now I’ll probably just have to have one on my own.

Oz. 'nuff said.

i loved Buffy. she was so cool. was like a kid when it started. actually like 4 and when it ended i was so mad. now what do u think was the scariest ep guys? i say Hush. thats the one with those gentalman that silenced the whole town. and took away like 7 peoples hearts.

they levitated

I think I started watching about the same time as Lady D, pretty similar experience.

Can’t remember why I started… I think Howard Stern just kept raving about the show, and I checked it out. Don’t remember my earliest experiences – the first thing I remember is my wife asking me what the hell I was watching. “Buffy,” I said. “It’s good.” She snickered, and two weeks later, she was there on the couch with me, watching two episodes a night on FX.

That was the same summer I watched Northern Exposure for the first time, catching eps daily on A&E. That was a pretty good year.

Buffy rules because it’s good. Great characters, most of them very original. I was about to try to rank them, but they’re about all tied for second after Spike.

The scene where Spike and Buffy wreck the building while making out – well, more than making out – that’s hot.

And I forget who said it, but yeah: drama that’ll make you laugh or cry.

:eek: You were 4 years old when Buffy started?
Wow I feel really old.

Someone say Buffy lovin’?

Ahhhhllll riiiiggggggggght.

So is this the line for buffy loving?

Is it? Where’s the Willow line?

Oh, here we go.

Who’s the snarling dude?

If there’s going to be a Willow line, will it be all the Willows (vampire, dark, goddess, regular) or will be separated out?

Oh, that’s just Oz. You came on the wrong night !

Willow? I’ve posted this in a previous Buffy conversation, but it bears repeating. From the Onion, “The FCC Okays Nudity On TV If It’s Alyson Hannigan.”

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/fcc_okays_nudity_on_tv_if_it_s

ps. I’m mildly surprised that I know how to spell “Alyson Hannigan,” but she deserves it.

Excellent question… I’m hoping one line for all the Willowy goodness. You’ll definitely find me lurking in this line. But mostly I’ll be hanging out in Fred line. Occasionally, I’ll wander by Cordelia line and Faith line also. Oh, so many lines, so little time…

The Onion News Network. <comicbook guy voice> BEST.NEWS.NETWORK.EVER. </comicbook guy voice>