BSG Online

Hey gang,

It’s no secret I’m in a polygamous relationship consisting of Mrs. Amberite, World of Warcraft and my gym, but I found this online review of the new BSG Online MMORPG today. BSG Online is a free-to-play MMO, which means base gameplay is free, but in game transactions for extra cool stuff costs you.

If you’re interested the full review is here: http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/01/18/first-impressions-battlestar-galactica-online/

Sigh, if I only had room in my life…

Oh, and a trailers came out a couple days for the beta that’s running right now:

//youtu.be/bBAztrfDlGk

Considering that its a browser based game, decent gameplay graphics.

the graphics doesn’t looks as good as STO… but they sure has a very hot model of 6… any chance we can get her in a hot tub a la the show?

I managed to get into the beta. However, their client would never ever let me log in.

So, I haven’t actually been able to beta test it and quite frankly I found better things to do.

I too got into the beta. I chose the dark side.

Cylon character creation was really basic. Full game will probably have more options.

My screen was showing me only about a 1/3 of the frames so I had a very choppy image. But that is because my computer is old so it had a real hard time with the graphics. But that is probably just me.

The controls will require a bit of practice to master. Navigation was a bit weird for me. The mission I tried were boring. Maybe that is because they were noob-stuff.

On the plus, the graphics I did see, were really nice. I’m sure that with some practice, the controls would come second nature.

The first ship I blew up was the Pegasus (ok, it’s because I messed up the first noob mission and I went after the big ships… hey, they were no defending vipers around).

I’ll give it another try once I manage to get a better computer.

Frankly, it doesn’t look all that good. If it’s just going to be a “fly around and shoot stuff” game, it’s simply not going to make it.

the game looks good maybe check it out. but i just don’t want to end up on the poo ship!!:slight_smile:

I played the beta, and I’ve signed up since it went Live. I gotta say, it has a LOT more polish now that it’s live, but it’s still pretty lacking. Even at work where my internet speed is super fast, the game crashes and lags a lot. Aside from that, I’ll pop into zones and have major graphical issues.

Maybe if it had the option of a client to download, that would help, but it’s still too buggy for me to play. If you can get it to work, then it’s not bad! Plenty of toasters to shoot down and asteroids to repititvely mine.

Hey guys,
I don’t know if anyone is still playing this, but I started up while watching Blood & Chrome. If you are, what servers & what side?