Brian Cox vs Neil deGrasse Tyson -- Carl Sagan's Rightful heir

Neil deGrasse Tyson is rebooting Carl Sagan’s Cosmos. But over here in the UK we’ve got Brian Cox. Clearly they are both standing on the shoulders of that giant Carl Sagan… but the answer that billions and billions of us need to know is which of them is really Carl Sagan’s heir?

Tyson by a nose…or two. Don’t get me wrong I love listening to Brian Cox explaining the Cosmos too.

Tyson took out Pluto, Tyson wins right there

That must be why he’s absent from NOVA’s 39th season. PBS has already passed the cosmology torch to Brian Greene. Five space related episodes so far this season and all of them phenomenally better than Tyson’s 2010 episode “The Pluto Files.” All of Greene’s books sit atop the space science bestseller lists where Tyson has slipped below the top 20. To be fair, Greene is noticeably less comfortable on television.

From the comments at Deadline’s article, I see I’m not the only one who finds Tyson less funny than he’s supposed to be. I’m not a hater, that’s overstating it, but his fifteen minutes of fame for de-planeting Pluto happened several years ago.