Book Club Selection, January/February 2010

Dear readers, the poll is here again.

Per past practice, please recall that:
[ul]
[li]You may vote for as many of the options listed as you would like. In fact, it is encouraged.
[/li][li]Don’t be shy, share your opinion of the books! Lobby for your favorites, and feel free to read through the threads already dedicated to these books (and add to them, if you feel so moved). Friendly and fun is our motto here.
[/li][li]Your votes will be public.
[/li][li]Changed: Voting will close January 5 (due to the late posting of the poll, and the holidays), and the Book Club Discussion thread posted January 6.[/ul]
[/li]
Happy voting! (and reading :))

This post is nothing but a gentle reminder to vote!!

Oh come on, vote for The Magicians! Trust me, you’ll love it.

Wow, lots of interesting choices. There are about six that I’d like to read/re-read. Looking forward to the winner.

A Game of Thrones is in the lead… very exciting :slight_smile:

And my recommendations seem to account for squat around here :stuck_out_tongue:

Today’s your last day to vote!

Ive read Game of Thrones too often and much too recently to read again. Hopefully something else overtakes it in the final moments. fingers crossed

I’m new to the Forum, and glad to see there is a book club! :slight_smile: I’ve been wanting to read “The Road”, heard many good things about it.

Congratulations, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin has been selected (after a long presence in the polls) as the GWC Book Club January/February selection. Time to get reading!

As ever, don’t forget to post your thoughts and reactions to the book, and if you come across other works that you think would be a good choice for the Book Club, nominate away!