Blu-ray Player - What to look for?

I’m planning on getting a blu-ray player soon, but I could use some suggestions. What are the important things to look for when deciding what to get?

here’s the Oddball family entertainment Blu-ray player

We mostly got it for blu-ray, but the network functions are quite nice as well. We can do Youtube, Twitter, Picaso, Pandora, Amazon content and Netflix. Sadly Netflix only shows what’s in your queue … but wife just grabs her Android and adjust queue for our viewing pleasure (my Blackberry is weak).

This thing also allows SD card for viewing of pictures etc. but most of those are up on Picaso anyhow.

Your mileage may vary.

Good luck and happy hunting.

OB

Hi,
thought I might add a bit of info, One question I would ask it do you have a Cat 5 in the area to plug into the play for updates and further media offered through the Blu-ray. If not a built in Wi-Fi can be handy, You do need to update they player about 2 to 3 times a year. I personally own a Sony BDPS-350, It is EXCELLENT except for the odd fact that it will lock up upon loading, I reset it and usually it starts up on the second time. ( I actually asked the Sony Rep. at my store about it, he just kinda smiled and gave me a strange look).
Another odd thing about the Sony player I got is that the SD card it uses is the Micro card, so I had to go out to purchase a micro card especially for that (an added expense). I used to work at a Home Theatre store, I packaged more Samsungs back into the box than any other brand, so personally I wouldn’t buy one of those for myself. Pioneer seems to have some good ones as well, but these days it seems the BDP’s have hit the magic $100 mark, and offer lots of features. Lastly if you are thinking about gaming, just getting a PS3 is not a bad idea either.

Boxhead