Blood & Chrome!

Not sure if y’all heard but the producers for the new BSG show, Blood and Chrome, having seen how product placement is important in these “cancelled-after-one-hour” times have decided to change the title for their new series to:

Blood and Chrome.

Unfortunately, the show will be streamed in H.264.

And the new Bill Adama is…Luke Pasqualino

See the info below

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/26/battlestar-galactica-blood-chorme-cast/

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3297698/

Yikes.

That is…not good. Not good at all.

Maybe Pasqualino would be an excellent Adama, but to perhaps unfairly prejudge, he was pretty darn awful in Skins S3, and was definitely one of the weakest characters among a cast of already weak characters and crappy stories in a season that was just sad and slightly torturous to watch (so I didn’t finish the season. Maybe it and he got better? But man, was it painful to watch any bits of season 3).

Maybe he’d surprise me, and I’ll eat my words (which I’m glad to do if it means the show would actually be good), but reading this casting news for a very central character in the BSG universe - he will be Bill Frakking Adama? I’m feeling my rage over Caprica’s cancellation bubble up all over again.

Though, this cheered me up a little. Hee!

This. In a big way.

Maybe it will be Blood and Sand and Chrome and have both robots and BOOOOOBS!!!

Boobs and Chrome has my vote.

The hater says, "More like ‘Blood And Meh.’ "

but not Chrome Boobs…cuz those’d hurt :smiley:

Not sure about this kid for Adama. I’ve never seen him act, but solely judging a book by its cover…I don’t have high hopes.

From what I’ve read it seems a pretty straightforward military drama with some scifi nuances. I’m just not interested in that at all.

BSG started out with a tremendous amount of mystery, especially involving the Cylons and Head Six. That’s largely what kept me interested. Even Caprica had some mystery. Even though you knew the way things would turn out you didn’t know how so watching it was fun.

If this show doesn’t have that, I don’t think I will watch.

There’s going to be a Blood and Chrome podcast, done by two regular contributors to the StarShipSofa podcast. It should be impressive.

Thanks Pike for the heads up . I’m also checking out the StarShip Sofa podcast.

The problem with BSG’s mystery is that a large part of it was never thouhgt out in advance and was only retconned in later.

Even the part where a leopard silently pounced on and ate Starbuck right next to Appolo.

in one gulp and ran away…all ninja like

It was 150,000 years ago guys…so it was a Ninja Saber-Toothed Cat (they were huge motherfrakkin cats) that swallowed Starbuck in one gulp without being seen. :smiley:

Questions:

Are we going to see the unveiling of a factory-new Battlestar? Or will it already have been in service?

Was it built with high-tech networks and whatnot, then retroactively de-teched? Phones with cords! Will they make an appearance later on in the show, or will they already be there?

I’d love to see it under construction, especially any parts that are identifiable from the 2003 series.

I think from the links posted previously that the Galactica is already built and is the newest Battlestar in the fleet that Adama gets assigned to. Or I could have misread the articles too… :slight_smile:

I’d bet on the Old Bucket getting an unveiling sometime during the series. She was one of the original twelve battlestars built during the first war. According to the RDM series history, they were built as we see them since the Cylon/s/z had already demonstrated their ability to compromise networked computer systems.

Prediction, will it have a ‘tame’ Cylon? At the end of Caprica, we see that Cylons quickly become an integral part of society. Science Fiction TV loves putting people with perceived conflicted loyalties in positions of power in shows, so a ‘loyal Cylon’ serving on the Battlestar would certainly fit.

It would also add interesting tension as the show progresses, and might be one of those things that helps define the human attitude towards the 'bots preceding the 2003 series.

Will there be a Cylon ‘Worf’, as it were? Or perhaps it’ll be a ‘Willy’ (see if anyone here recognizes that in context).

Still waiting for Daggits.