Bit of an issue with the new season {spoilers}

I posted this at the end of the frak but I think we need to talk this out.

Has Moffat painted himself into a corner?

[SPOILER]We get to see what had happened to poor Oswin. Thing is this though. Oswin through out the episode does not know the Doctor. That’s all well and good as far as the episode is done for. The problem we have is that Oswin will be the Doctor’s new companion once we lose the Ponds. Not once are we given a hint that Oswin knows who the Doctor is. This is kind of a reworking of the River Song story. (See at end at beginning). First it kinda put a pall on all the up coming episodes since we know her fate. The other being that If and this is the BIG IF this is Oswin how does she not know the Doctor. I know this will be explained I just hope they do it right.[/SPOILER]

What do you all think?

I don’t it’s as simple as a river rehash. Not sure how it’ll work but can’t see it being done that way

I agree this will not be a River rehash. They are better than that. With that though we still have the issue of why she didn’t know him. Though I heard the person we see later isn’t her? This is the first I heard of it have to do some more investigating on that.

Here is some more about the who she may be.

http://www.digitalspy.com/british-tv/s7/doctor-who/tubetalk/a403669/doctor-who-how-will-jenna-louise-coleman-return.html

She didn’t know him cause they aren’t meeting out of order. That’s what I mean by a river rehash

Wish I hadn’t read this thread. I have purposely stayed away from reading about the Ponds’ departure, so I feel a bit spoiled now.

Sorry about that. Tried to keep it quiet as much as possible. It has been known for months how long the Ponds were going to be on this season.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2