Birthday notices

Why is there only 1 birthday showing up but multiple events show up on the main forum page? The calendar shows 2 (Audra and Kittenbiscuits) birthdays today but only Audra’s shows up. Looks like it only shows the first one.

I don’t know if this is the answer, but there’s a user CP setting that determines how public your info is, including birfdays.

If the privacy thing really works properly, then the birthday shouldn’t show up in either place. As opposed to still showing up in one and not in the other. This appears to be a bug. Nice catch, Gryper.

Exactly, it only shows in the calendar if you set it as public and then you get to choose to show your age…or not.

I noticed this awhile back when starting to set up my Sunbird calendar for Frak parties and just kept forgetting to post about it. Yesterday I remembered and as luck would have it there were 2 birthdays on the calendar as an example.

It may not be a bug, but maybe a feature that is set to only show 1 birthdays but can be changed.

Ok, there must be a bug because the calendar for today shows it’s Miguel’s b-day but it doesn’t appear on the main forum page.

After seeing two instances of this, I’m thinking that’s intentional. Miguel has had no forum activity since May 1st, and Kittenbiscuits hasn’t since May 10th, both MIA for 6 months. Maybe the birthdays only make it to the main page if there’s recently activity?

Now that makes sense.