‘Battlestar Galactica’ Creator Ronald D. Moore To Bring ‘Harry Potter’ Fantasy To NBC

I don’t know if this has been posted before but it is the first I have heard about it!
http://geeksofdoom.com/2010/09/02/battlestar-galactica-creator-ronald-d-moore-to-bring-harry-potter-fantasy-to-nbc/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+geeksofdoom+(GEEKS+OF+DOOM)

News to me too.

Although the whole ‘adult Harry Potter’ angle makes me think of The Magicians, and Lev hasn’t mentioned anything about that.

That’s what I thought of too. I also wonder what this means for Caprica.

it means enjoy the second half of the first season. it’s done.

looking forward to something, anything, that can fill the gaping drama hole left by bsg.

That makes me sad. They ended the first half of the season just when the show was getting better.

But a RDM Harry Potter is a very, very intriguing idea.

Only two sources on this 2011 NBC show so far. There are many copies.

“is described as an adult Harry Potter set in a world ruled not by science but by magic.” - Nellie Andreeva, Deadline Hollywood

“sources say the project is a police procedural set in a world of magic.” - Darren Franich, Entertainment Weekly

In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the Aurors, who investigate crime; and the Ministry of Magic, who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories.

I want that show! lol

Jeff Goldblum would make an wonderful Potter character. he totally looks the part.

Brings to mind The Dresden Files, which also was made into a TV show. That, however, was noir. This is described as a procedural. I’m not wild about those, but I’d give it a try, especially with RDM attached to it. And I can see why he might was to break out and try something different than what he’s been doing.

I just had a thought. I suspect that, of the RDM library, this is compare most closely with DS9. Of all of Trek - which has leaned pretty strongly to the fantasy side of this - it was the grittiest and it had Odo. Just a thought, if a happy one for all of the DS9 fans around here:)