Battle Angel 3/4 10 PM ET

Battle Angel

Thursday 3/4 10 PM Eastern Time

Background
A two episode OVA was released in 1993, incorporating elements from the first two volumes of the manga with changes to the characters and storyline. According to Kishiro, only two episodes were originally planned. At the time, he was too busy with the manga “to review the plan coolly”, nor was he serious about an anime adaptation. It remains the only anime adaptation of Battle Angel Alita to date and there are no plans to revive it.

Plot Summary:
Doc Ido, a doctor and mechanic who lives and works in the hellish, post apocalyptic “Scrap-yard”, finds the - miraculously preserved - remains of a female cyborg in a junk heap. After he revives and rebuilds her, the preternaturally strong, amnesiac “Gally” begins to forge a life for herself in a world where every day can bring a fight for life. Adapts the first two volumes of the “Battle Angel Alita” manga.

The Proposed Feature Film
As of 2010, the film adaptation of Battle Angel is currently in pre-production with director James Cameron. The release date for the film is currently set for 2011. Cameron intentionally waited until the technology to make the film was up to where he felt it should be. Originally, when MTV News talked to Cameron about the possibility of adapting the series, the director responded with, “Maybe, maybe.” Cameron’s film would be a live-action adaption of the first three volumes of the manga series. He plans to complete a trilogy if the first film is successful. Avatar was considered a “training ground” for Battle Angel, as the alien characters involved in that film were based on similar technology. In addition, the film would be filmed with the digital 3D system Cameron developed for Avatar. On December 11, 2009, in an interview to Market Saw, when asked about the Battle Angel film, James Cameron said “I am not even sure that I am going to do that film” and that “As a next film, THE DIVE is a more likely candidate”. He has also stated that he has no one in mind for casting yet.

On February 19, 2010 “Avatar” producer Jon Landau hinted on the online MTV Splash blogpage that “Battle Angel Alita” may be filmed after “Avatar 2,” which is already in development. He also half-jokingly stated that James Cameron may rename the project “Alita: The Battle Angel,” because of his tradition in naming his films with either an “A” or a “T.”

The running time for this anime is 60 minutes, hope to see you there-konban wa.:slight_smile:

Queueing up.

One of the girls on AnimeTV is also rewatching 12 Kingdoms, like you she said it is slow to start. But that once it gets going it is really good and has great animation, but that it is very sad that it just ends. It was never picked up for another season…:frowning:

And as for Gundam Seed, I guess the reason I enjoyed it so much is because I got to see it in movie format instead of individual episodes. I got it in a three DVD set where it was just spliced together as three seperate movies. It kind of reminded me of what they did to some of the Starship Yamato seasons. So I did not have to endure the ‘angst ridden’ stuff you did… I got lucky!:slight_smile:

Almost time to start.

Mine is broken into two episodes, Rusty Angel and Tears Sign. Rusty Angel is ready to start…:wink:

But, what Twelve Kingdoms there are is really worth watching. Big recommendation.

I suppose watching Seed in a condensed format would improve it. Less angst time. d:

Same here.

Started…

He’s making eyeball soup!

Thats a lot of junk!

Where’s Wreckgar?!

In the manga she does not get a full body for a long time…

I haven’t read or watched in ages. I forget.

I wonder who will play Gally and the kid in the movie though?

Blood splatters everywhere…

Such a waste…

Poor kid. Named after a PoS car. (:

Haven’t seen this in 10 years, just got the mangas in the mail…

Nice catch!

Forgot how bad the dubbing is…

Can’t wait to see what Cameron does for Tiphares/Zalem.

I was gonna ask. I’m watching with the original audio.

This chick was created just for the OAV.