Batman SOS

first of all i’m an admitted marvel brat growing up

OK, so here it is i have never been able to get into batman as a comic book. i mean I’ve liked a few, but there must be some prescribed reading list/ indoctrination to get me to see him, as the rest of you do. i mean i’ve read some joker stuff that was great but if i could get some one shots or short series so i can see what the rest of you do that would be nice.

and maybe someday i’ll understand how he is more dangerous than superman… cause Right now it seems silly.

Here would be one of the best Introduction to the Subject.
-The last laugh ( just one of the best and as much for the Joker as Batman and Gordon)

-The Haunted Knight ( ok but an introduction)
-The Long Halloween ( An inspiration for the last 2 film, key word is inspiration)
-Dark Victory
-HUSH ( MMmmm that one is so good it’s like candy dip in syrup)
The last 4 Graphic Novel are kind of a serie but take that loosely

-’‘All-Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder’’ I think arround 13 issues are out. It’s Batman for Adult and as BadSorryBarb as it can get!

Everybody recommend ‘‘The Dark Knight Return’’ but that is so not an introduction but more hardcore reading. It answer’s pretty well why Batman is more dangerous than Superman.

-Batman / Superman “Public Enemies” and
-’‘The Supergirl from Krypton’’ are prett good and give you a good conterpoint.

That would be my introduction recommandation. There is way more cool stuff and I probably forget a lot a seminial work but those recommandation are not to much grouded in ‘‘continuity’’ so it’s easier to understand base on a comon knowledge of the caracter.

Good Reading!

Here some sample:

Long Halloween :

HUSH:

All-Star Batman:

Just to give you a little to think about.

Do you think in the future when we get clone bodies we will all look like Comic Book characters? Day-um!!

This is why:

Batman is always prepared. For anything. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s what I would call ready for anything.

Extra Toilet paper. Check
Kryptonite Plunger. Check
Soap. Check

:slight_smile:

superman throwing a mountain or two at him from orbit. Check… :wink:

btw checking out hush; and the last laugh this week thanks for the help.

The Bat-Nerd response.

Batman: Year One
The Long Halloween
Catwoman: When In Rome
Dark Victory
A Lonely Place Of Dying
Hush
Batman and Son
The Black Glove
R.I.P.
Batman Reborn
The Dark Knight Returns

Them’s my personal favorite bat-books at the moment, but won’t tell you why Batman can beat Superman:

JLA Volume 1 (Morrison/Porter version)

that’ll give you a hint.

Hush is really a good well balance character driven story and I would say it some of Jim Lee best work. His drawing are more in ligne with how we imagine comic book ‘people’. That was actually THE comic that made run to the store every month back then.

All that to say, glad we made another BatFan :stuck_out_tongue: and that you’re enjoying one of my favorite.