Batman: Gotham Knight 4/30 6pm ET

Batman: Gotham Knight

4/30 6pm eastern/ 3 pm Pacific
PG-13 running time 75 minutes

Storyline

In this 6-story anthology collection, Batman faces new villains and old ones in a time-line after Batman Begins. In “Have I Got A Story For You”, 3 kids tell wildly different stories about Batman during a fight through Gotham. “Crossfire” focuses on two policemen who end up getting in the middle of a crime battle. “Field Test” has Lucius Fox creating a new technology for Batman, but is it too powerful? “In Darkness Dwells” features Killer Croc and Scarecrow, who have kidnapped a priest. “Working Through Pain” goes through flashbacks of Bruce Wayne’s training while Batman finds his way through the sewers. Finally, “Deadshot” focuses on the titular sniper, who has a new target in Gotham.

Although all based on Japanese anime art style, each segment has its own writing and artistic style, just as the works from the DC Universe, and with the same style of The Animatrix although some segments are connected.

All six films of the feature star Kevin Conroy, reprising his voice role as Batman from the DC Animated Universe.

Directed by

Executive:
Toshi Hiruma
Bruce Timm

Co-Director:
Shojiro Nishimi
Futoshi Higashide
Hiroshi Morioka
Yasuhiro Aoki
Toshiyuki Kubooka
Jong-Sik Nam

Based on 6 reviews collected from Rotten Tomatoes, Batman: Gotham Knight has an overall approval rating of 83%, with a weighted average score of 7.4/10

The DVD is available on Netflix but is not available for instant watch.

I was thinking of asking if ppl wanted to frak this? I hadn’t seen it yet though.

Crap, I thought I had this, but I don’t. Gotta pass on the frak. ):

Shall we reschedule? I forgot to bring it with me. :frowning:

Yes please, for next week…

Well, that solves the problem of what to frak next week. Btw, I won’t be around for Mother’s Day weekend.

Any particularly motherly anime that comes to mind for this timeslot that week?

You could catch up and watch Evangelion with sounds or Summer Wars…

Actually, Summer Wars would strangely fit a Mother’s Day theme.

How about Princess Mononoke? It deals with Mother Nature… in a way… Or Spirited Away, it has two Motherly figures in it…

Heck, so does does its spiritual sequel, Nausicca.

I think you mean prequel,… :smiley:

Even though it was made first, Nausicca takes place in the far future. Mononoke Hime takes place in the past.

I meant spiritually anyway. You could argue that maybe Mononoke Hime took place after the world of Nausicca has recovered, but I wouldn’t buy that. d:

Qued up and ready.

It was a cold and foggy night…

Sorry, I just got my pc back after 9 days with the Nerd Herd. Thought I had this movie, but I don’t. Just frak w/o me.

I am the night. :smiley:

Do it, do it!

I love the creepy supernatural Batman.

Batman, Man-Bat, whatever. :rolleyes:

“I’m makin’ it more colorful, yo!”

Yes you are. :rolleyes: