Batgirl

If you like stories that have a strong female lead I suggest you checkout the comic Batgirl which is currently up to issue 15 that is the perfect jumping on point for the book. Its written by Bryan Q Millar who is the Executive Story editor for the Smallville television show. It has Stephanie Brown who has a supervillian for a farther and early on she just wanted to make up for her farthers wrong doings but now she is coming into her own as a hero. Shes smart,witty,funny and very self aware of her own short comings. And because of that she strives to become better as a hero and just as a human being. Its really a good read and I hope I can get just one person to try the book.

Consider me hooked sir! May I in turn suggest Batwoman Elegy by Greg Rucka and J.H. Williams III Talk about strong female characters she packs a punch (pun totally intended)

Ive already read it and yes I loved it. I also love the Question back up as well.

I’ve only read the ongoing right now and had no idea her father was a supervillain…weird. Really like the book though

When she first started fighting crime she created a costume and called her self the Spoiler because she vowed to spoil all her farther criminal activity. She later started dating Tim who was Robin at the time and eventaully they broke up. She also became Robin for a very short time but Batman didnt think she was worthy and he fired her. She then tried to show her worth and set off a plan Batman he created but never used that could take out all gangs and it all went bad and she was almost killed because of it. She left the country to recover and after a time she came back and here we are shes been through alot and is much better for it.

yes i found the Batgirl series pretty cool.

Well now her former name makes ALOT more sense

This sounds interesting! I would love to dig into a new (to me) comic series and I do love Gotham’s finest flying mammal. I will have to check this out.

If you want the single issues at a good price you can order them off of discount comic book services dcbs and let me know what you think about the series