B Movies

What about an arc of our favorite “B” movies? You know, like Spaceballs. :eek:

Spaceballs ain’t no B-movie!!!

What exacTly is the formal definition of a B-Movie?

Cheesey. So bad it’s good. Movies that Sean loves. :eek:

In that case, Spaceballs surely qualify. And speak of surely, why not Airplane?

My personal favourite movie that is so bad that it’s good… Army of Darkness

I don’t think Princess Bride is a B-Movie, is it? That’s not bad but good, it’s just good!

While I love this movie, I think it might fall into this category. And Robin Hood: Men in Tights would be another…

i don’t think a movie that is intended to spoof a genre, suce as Spaceballs, should really count as a b-movie. however i would like to submit for approval some selections of my own.
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians - the title really says it all, but in case that wasn’t enough, it features a young Pia Zadora as a martian child.

Laserblast - all i remember about this movie is that it was on MST3K, and it was really, really awful. but in the best way possible.

Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter - do i really need to write a description? ok. the Son of God returns to Earth to kung fu fight vampires, who have figured out that they can withstand the sun’s rays by wearing the skins of lesbians. how can you resist?

and of course, the ultimate b-movie, Evil Dead II. come to think of it, the Evil Dead series would be a good arc. it’s not strictly sci-fi, but Ash does have a chainsaw hand, and there’s time travel too. plus it’s just great, and if you haven’t seen it, you have no business wasting time on this forum when you could be watching it!

One of my favorite B movies is Earth Versus the Spider from the 50s.

I have also always wanted to see Cat People, ever since reading Kiss of the Spider Woman and discovering that all of the movies were real.

Bubba Hotep…
The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra…
Undead…
The Roost…
Feast…

((I actually collect “B” movies…so I could go on…))

I vote for a B Movie Arc, not a Bee Movie Arc.
But maybe a B Bee Movie Arc…like…‘Killer Bees!’ —>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0353625/
And it does have C. Thomas Howell in it, so that’s big, big points for a B Movie.

…Anyway…

Anyone else like the terrible, bad, terrible, awful but so damn entertaining movies?

My number one pick is: ‘Robot Jox’

(courtesy imdb.com)

50 years after a nuclear war, the two superpowers handle territorial disputes in a different way. Each fields a giant robot to fight one-on-one battles in official matches, each piloted by a man inside, known as robot jockeys or jox. The contest for possession of Alaska will be fought by two of the best. The conscientious Achilles fights for the Americans. Opposing him is a Russian, Alexander, a ruthless and bloodthirsty adversary who has killed his previous nine American opponents. With a traitor feeding the Russians secret weapons information and new, genetically-engineered jox looking to take his place, Achilles faces obstacles at every turn in the hardest battle of his life.

//youtu.be/8Kd642Ix5ks

You really can’t have one of these without Plan 9 from Outer Space, Manos; Hands Of Fate, or Battle Beyond The Stars

No arguments from me.