B.A. Baracus vs. Clubber Lang

Deathmatch: B.A. Baracus vs. Clubber Lang.

Mr. T’s two top characters (assuming you don’t count the “Mr. T” persona itself).

Tale of the tape:

In the blue corner: James “Clubber” Lang from Rocky III

Former heavyweight boxing champion of the world. A truly terrifying specimen, fierce and fiery. Defeated Rocky Balboa in his prime.

Spent five years in prison on an assault charge. Started to box inside, and punched his way to the top of the world. Had a record something like 16/19-0 when he fought Rocky. Powerful southpaw. Hard hitter. Hungry and (perhaps overly) aggressive where the champ had grown complacent. In his own words, is “a real man” who can show your wife a good time.

Apparently, in the Rocky 'verse, he was never heard from again after losing the title back to Rock. But presumably he was jailed for beating someone to death in a street fight. Though in one draft of Rocky Balboa, according to Wikipedia, he found work as a boxing commentator. Does not show respect for his elders. Lone wolf, possibly a rabid one. From the mean streets of Chicago. Has a mean mouth on him.

In the red corner: Sergeant Bosco Albert “B. A.” (Bad Attitude) Baracus, formerly known as Scooter, as depicted in the 1980s TV show

In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn’t commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team. Baracus is the mechanic, wheel man, and muscle of this elite team.

According to Wikipedia, in the pilot episode, “Mexican Slayride,” B. A. is described as follows by a reporter colleague of Amy Allen: “Bosco Baracus. Known as B. A. for ‘bad attitude.’ The man is a mechanical genius. He also has one of the worst conduct records in the army. He likes to slug officers.”

"B. A.'s distinctive appearance and confrontational attitude usually lead to a… direct approach to problems, which often involve either his skills at hand to hand combat, or his mechanical talents…

He is a highly-skilled mechanic and has an amazing talent for making impressive machinery out of just about any ordinary parts… He is an excellent fighter and is invaluable in hand-to-hand combat. Because of his massive size and strength, he has a unique fighting tactic, which involves grabbing his opponents, lifting them over his head, and hurling them in the air. He is easily angered to the point of rage, and often greets people with a growl or a snarl. He is most often upset by Murdock and frequently addresses him with the phrase “You crazy fool!” A teetotaler, B. A. never touches alcohol, preferring milk instead."

A team player. From the mean streets of Chicago. Quick with the quips. Loves children.

Film:

[b]Clubber Lang, on the mic and in action:

[/b]
//youtu.be/CeFMxy4QPMc

//youtu.be/7F_bsE9B1LM

B.A. Baracus on the mic and in action:

//youtu.be/VVi-Hr5noKU

//youtu.be/6eURO3yCjrA

If they go at it mano-to-mano (sic), who wins? Regardless of how it ends, here’s a prediction for the fight: PAIN.

Give B.A. prep time and he’s a mini-Batman who could take on an army.

(and to make myself feel old, the other day on Tumblr someone was “singing” “Eye of the Tiger” and I made Rocky references and they said they got it from Supernatural and didn’t understand me.)

I had to think on it a lot. Lang is vicious, but they’re equally matched, physically. Lang has been known to punch himself out. Baracus is smarter. It’s a great fight, but B.A. has the strategic edge.

Lang is downright scary.

/hack on

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DOESN’T VOTE FOR B.A. BARACAS!

/hack off

…although Clubber would win if B.A. has to fly to the fight. :oops:

I’ll go Clubber Lang on this one. Cause, you know, he beat Rambo. Also because BA would be completely unable to actually shoot Clubber being an A-Team member and all. thousands of A-Team bullets expended with no one even given a minor flesh wound. Clubber for the win!

~Shooter Out

I got to go with B.A.

OB

I was just getting ready to post this exact same thing :slight_smile:

Mr Rogers beats both of them

//youtu.be/7ZsKqbt3gQ0