Auto log off

Could the time for the auto logging off of users be increased? I keep getting logged off! So either I’m a) a very slow reader, b) easily distracted, c) very popular and end up on the phone with family/friends too often, or d) too blonde to figure out how long I’ve been staring at the same screen.

That’s odd. I don’t think I’ve ever been logged off. And I’m sometimes logged on all day.

Same here.

Do you have the ‘Do Not Logoff’ box checked?

I didn’t see a “Do Not Logoff” box to check…where is it located???

Is there a “Remember Me” checkbox when you sign in? Make sure that is checked.

Ok, that’s a whole nother thing…that’s caching of user id and password and for someone like me who’s in IT that’s a big NO-NO. Security is drilled in me so deep I just can’t go there. :slight_smile: Thanks anywho Pike…and Leon.

I am hoping that there is a setting for the administrators to change for length of time of inactivity before logging users off. Right now it seems to log me out if inactive for about 15 mins…but not sure.

I seem to stay logged on unless I’m on a REPLY page and typing. Whenever I take too long the site asks me to logon again. Maybe I should post shorter replys!

I take it you’re not on your own machine? Hitting “Log Out” when you’re done should clear at least the password (Chuck?)

That’s not a bug, it’s a feature :wink:

You big meanie.

Monday - Friday if I’m on during daylight hours I’m jumping in and out at work. But I don’t let any software or websites save my signin information at home either. I aways hit log off before leaving the site and the forum software appears to clear all cookies which is good. :slight_smile:

You know I wondered about how some get those long posts in without getting logged out and losing everything. I know it would take me awhile to just read back and spell check one of those…which is why my posts are short. :stuck_out_tongue:

hmmm where have I heard wait from development Pike are you a software programmer!
but I always liked the term SWAD(Systems works as Designed) :slight_smile: