Argo....

…saw this last night…and I was pretty impressed with it…good movie, good storytelling (though some of the added drama to it was a bit excessive…like that stupid car chase at the end of the movie that totally wasn’t needed [spoiler]As half the police dept was chasing that plane up the runaway with the pilot just clueless on them coming or that they got away in the ‘nick of time’ I turned to Kelly and said that was RIDICULOUS[/spoiler] )…the rest of the movie was great…and as an added bonus I loved all the sci-fi nods goofs, jokes…and ORIGINAL CYLONS…in the movie as they did a bit of late 70s sci-fi tributes…its a bit long, but a DAMN GOOD watch…anyone else seen it yet?

Yeah I saw it last week… At an early screening, everyone there was my age or older; which made sense since this all took place when I was in High School (late 70’s). The eerie thing about watching this film was how familiar everything looked, and I could not put my finger on why until the end credits; it was there that they showed how much trouble they had gone through to match actual file footage from the incident. No wonder I had deja vu, I had grown up watching this unfold on the news day by day, it was like watching it all again. And the ‘period’ work was excellent, and finding actors to match the actual ‘look’ of the real people involved was a nice touch.

The actors did well, but Arkin, Goodman and Cranston were just amazing! They just took to their roles and ‘knocked it out of the park’, they also had the best lines of the movie as well (one of them is the title of this post) another one of my favorites was-

“What is the President’s response?”

“He is shitting enough bricks to build a pyramid.”

Yeah the ‘bit’ on the runway was completely unnecessary,it hurt the credibility of the story and when I saw some of that scene during the trailers, I almost did not want to see the film at all. But I am glad I did…

Sorry I haven’t done any movie reviews for a while, I have had a rough few weeks and it has begun to feel like a waste of my time. I am not sure if anyone even reads them…

I was much in the same boat…even the grainy effects in the opening credits made it easier to jump back into that world…it’s funny as a kid I remembered things like FUCK IRAN t-shirts and hate being sold in Brooklyn and I remembered much rage about Jimmy Carter and how it seemed like the second Regan was elected all the hostages were let go…even the looks and reactions of everyone…they did their homework for this movie…I’m glad they left a lot of stuff from the “producers” in there…it was very warm and it added some relief (and humor) to a way serious subject like this one was, it balanced that out nicely…I can even forgive the silly endgame scene… the walkthrough in the bazaar scene did wonders for amping up the tension…I might even buy this when it comes out

…and no worry with the NHL in full lockout I’m sure I’m gonna be seeing more movies that got lost in the shuffle in a normal year :slight_smile: