Arc Suggestion, I pray thee consider: A Shakespeare Arc

Inspired by the recent PBS U.S. premiere of Great Performance’s Hamlet starting David Tennant (of Doctor Who fame) and Patrick Stewart (been in a couple sci fi and fantasy things rumor has it), I suggest a GWC Shakespeare Arc.

So so many possibilities:
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead (which I know Chuck and crew like)
Hamlet (Mel Gibson)
Hamlet (Kenneth Branagh)
Hamlet (Ethan Hawke)

King of Texas (A King Lear set in Texas with Patrick Stewart at the “king” rancher)
Henry V (Kenneth Branagh) (one of my fav movies of all time – and a Frak party traditon on every Oct 25)
Star Trek TOS and TNG that are Shakespeare themed

I’m sure there’s a Shakespeare angle that Chuck, Sean and Audra can get psyched about. And I don’t think one can throw the skull of Yorrick very far without hitting a throng or more of GWC Shakespeare fans.

Your humble patience I do so entreat.
Let this GWC Shakespeare Arc get set upon its feet.

Verily, thou forgets the Doctor Who episode “The Shakespeare Code” in thine efforts to get the crossing over effect with The Good Captain Picard in that play of Denmark.

Twas on the tip of my thots, but the Dr Who episode name was failing of my due remembrance. I do thank you for thy aid.

You know it’s weird. I … I have this strangest feeling that Shakespeare has been quote before on the forum. It that possible?

Hmm…Let me set the wayback machine too…Yes! My 1000th post!!!
---- > http://forum.galacticwatercooler.com/showthread.php?t=2250&highlight=1000th+post

The suggestion of the Bard, I daresay, is a most welcome one.

Macbeth rocks!

^ The recent BBC version with James McAvoy and Keeley Hawes certainly did.

There’s also one of my favorite little films called A Midwinter’s Tale about a group of British actors trying to stage Hamlet at Christmastime when it’s usually the panto season. Great cast including Michael Maloney (Laertes in Branagh’s Hamlet), John Sessions, Julia Sawalha and Celia Imrie.

I think the Crue will be happily surprised to find people are talking about this.

In order to make this really work let’s put together a completed idea. Let’s decide on the movies, which ones and why.

I personally think tying movies to specific episodes of sci-fi television would be an incredible twist. Here is a list of Shakespeare ties to Star Trek

In doing my research for examples I came across this article which could be required reading for the arc

I did a high school paper on Moonlighting’s version of Taming of the Shrew. It isn’t sci fi, but it was certainly fun

Oh and Solai your link to required reading isn’t working

Fixed, thank you.

Or they can do movies/episodes that parallel Shakespearian plots. E.g., Forbidden Planet and The Tempest.