AOL email users

All,

Please be advised we are encountering issues with AOL. All email notifications sent from the Forum are being bounced back. We are working hard behind the scenes to fix the issue.

On a personal note I have encountered this problem with AOL before with a non-profit organization I am a member of. We sent out a monthly newsletter to our thousands of constituents and over time those with AOL emails started noting they weren’t receiving the newsletters anymore.

We worked on this problem for years and were never able to resolve it. My advice then and my advice now is to register for a free email account and use that for this forum.

Speaking as a Head of IT for five companies over a number of years, I hate AOL for this sort of crap. You don’t even need to a mass mail sender, if you don’t match up to the arbritary ‘standards’ they decide they’ll just start sillently ditching all your email. I’ve lost count of the number of battles I’ve had trying to get past this in the past (there always seems to be one friend of the CEO who has an AOL address!).

People, if you want to help your friends educate them not to use AOL! :slight_smile:

Being a graphic designer for printing companies (then privately) for twenty years, every time a customer was on AOL as their Internet Service Provider, they have had nothing but trouble.

“But I sent you the files,” Joe Customer would wail. The customer and I would review the process of how to send files to me properly over at least two further calls. When they finally seemed to have all of their ducks in a row and they make one more frustrated and panicked call to me, I ask the dreaded question:

“Who are you using for your Internet service provider?”

"AOL… is that a problem?’’ I tried not to shriek, and instead had to explain how AOL didn’t like to play with others who aren’t on AOL. I also warned them the hell they were in for when they try to quit AOL…

I’ve seen this exact thing happen as well with AOHell, and yes, it surprised me that we had business contacts that still used their email accounts! One time we were “required” to have an SPF record all of a sudden, one time it just passed after a few months of being made to look ridiculous in front of our management team.

I hate AOHell. I truly do.