Any Motorcycle Geeks?

I ride a 2008 Triumph Speed Triple. I’m able to commute on it pretty much all-year long since the SF Bay Area weather is pretty stable. I also enjoy doing track days, so I’ll have to show-off some action shots below.

I never had one but lately I can’t seem to stop thinking about them and am thinking of trying one out in the spring!

I ride a BMW F650 GS and can highly recommend it. It’s my first bike and it was the perfect choice for me. I wanted a dual sport because I do a lot of dirt riding where I live, but I also wanted a great street bike for those long touring rides. The other criteria was that I didn’t want a machine that would scare me or that I couldn’t pick up if it dropped out in the middle of nowhere. Have about 15000 miles on it and plan to ride it for several more years. My ultimate dream bike is the BMW R1200 GS. Awesome thread!

d

Wow, these are two very different machines! Don’t get pressured into something you don’t want. Test ride a bunch of bikes until you find the one that suits you best.

d