android tablets

I just picked up a sony android tablet and im really enjoying it. So I was wondering if anyone else has one, best apps suggestions. One app im loving right now is google currents

Oh man, I’m way late here but I’ve had one for about the same time as you and I’ve been using it daily for a year.

It’s a Motorola Xoom 32Gb Wi-Fi model which is really all I need. I picked up Documents to Go, $14.99 on Amazon, when they offered it for free briefly and it’s a perfect MS Office clone for portable use. If you want to be productive with your tablet, it’s well worth the money. For games there’s a bunch of good retro gaming emulators, you can get the “-oid” series on SlideMe.com for free. There’s also Mame4All and Mame4Droid out there, also free, if you want to play arcade games. Mame4Droid allows you to save states but depending on the game it may experience graphical errors upon loading. There’s a free app out there called GhostRadar that’s just a toy but it’s fun and kinda freaky, like an automatic Ouija board. Minecraft Pocket Edition is well worth the $4.99 if you’re a fan of the full version at all although it’s still in alpha but they update it pretty regularly with more features from the desktop version. The Angry Birds and Bad Piggies apps are much more fun to play on a large screen.

If you’re a webhead at all, Android WebEditor is a nice free app for playing with HTML and JavaScript. Finally, one of my favorite apps is KeepTrack Pro. I’m currently in the process of using Chris Hardwick’s “Nerdist Way” Character Tome to improve my life and I use this app to in place of a pad of graph paper to keep track of my progress.

Since you’ve had the tablet now a year, what about you? What have you found and what would you recommend?

I’m a pretty big fan of Press as an RSS reader. It started out like a rip-off of Reeder (for iOS), but now excels beyond Reeder in many ways. (Though it still needs subscribe functionality.)

I’m looking for good note-taking apps. Recommendations?

When you say “note-taking” what specifically are looking for in functionality? I only ask because I use a “sticky note” app called ColorNote that let’s you put a sticky note widget on your homescreen, complete with “paper” color options for categorizing. I also use the Google Drive app for free sharing of documents between my phone, tablet and PC and with the improved functionality of the Google voice-to-text feature it’s much easier to take down a quick thought that you can edit or expand on later.

I am just now starting to get into RSS feed functionality so I will certainly look into Press.

Here goes:

I work in IT so some of this might not apply.

Beyond podcast - Excelent Podcast app, there is a free version that does work for GWC
Crome - If you use crome on your desktop, You can share bookmarks and open tabs. This does not support flash
Flash - http://forums.adobe.com/message/4675670 - May or may not work with your chosen browser.
Social Media (FB, Twitter, G+, LinkedIn, ECT) - The usefullness of these are undeniable

Mint.com - Excelent personal finance app
Streaming Video - Netflix, Hulu +, Crackle, Play Movies - Paid or free, these apps are top tier
Note taking app - Onenote, Ever Note - I perfer Onenote because of work, but evernote has a great following
Music/Audio - Sticher, Pandora, Play Music, Amazon MP3 - I perfer sticher and play music, but amazon is not bad & the only thing about pandora is the distastefull ads
TAPATALK HD - absolute must for forums.
GAMES - Be carefull, alot of these are “Pay 14.99 for 33 diamonds/Coins/Your soul” but there are some good ones out there like minecraft.
Ebook Apps - Kindle, Nook, Play Books, Ect.

Google currents - I just love this app, news articles from all your favorite sources for free

Welcome to the android world!

Thanks! I will be checking out all of the above, and good call on the Chrome, I love the bookmark sharing.

Not a problem man, I have been setting up people with android tabs since I got back to the states. I don’t think I would live without mine!

add series guide to that, It is a database of all your faviorite shows, complete with watched/not watched check boxes and synopsis for each episode.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Google keep, super note, evernote, onenote, ect

Google keep, super note, evernote, onenote, ect