And, Favourite HP Movie? Please explain

I think this might be my first poll on this forum, and inspired by the HP book poll.

Disclaimer: I really enjoyed ALL of the movies, and this is in no way a slam to any of them, because they are all successful movies in their own right. But, I do have ones I preferred.

Onto the rankings:-

1. Prisoner of Azkaban - Weirdly enough my least favourite book is my fave for the movies. I just loved the way it was shot, and I also think the plot was crafted well and worked out the best on film. Everything looked pretty fantastic.
  2. Philosopher’s/Sorceror’s Stone - It’s my first HP experience (including the books), and while they needed to spend almost half the film on setting up the world of Hogwarts, I think it was a solid first movie for the franchise. I really liked how teamwork was emphasized even in this first movie.
  3. Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Well, this is what I hope for the last movie to be. Completely and utterly awesome. Pretty please?
  4. Deathly Hallows Part 1 - See 3.
  5. Chamber of Secrets - Pretty good overall for the book, and I enjoyed this Tom Riddle at this age. Also, I liked how the opening of the chamber was depicted.
  6. Goblet of Fire - The fact that its main focus was the Triwizard Tournament definitely helped in terms of what to cut, but it suffers the same things I found not to my liking in this book. But, beautiful scenes concerning each leg of the tournament, and a good showdown at the end.
  7. Half Blood Prince - In case of spoilers, I won’t say why. I’ll say I liked it more than…
  8. Order of the Phoenix - Other than the huge cuts that others and I’ve mentioned already, mostly because when I think about the movie, other than Umbridge to be fantastically evil and perfect for that, I can’t actually recall any particular scenes that took my breath away. Perhaps it’s because I was too busy fuming at all the cuts. :smiley:

Goblet of Fire was my favorite. I felt that it was a window into the wizarding world as a more global culture instead of just Hogwarts (the Quidditch World Cup, The Tri-Wizard Tournament and the Ministry of Magic).