American Horror story

Is anyone else watching this?

I just watched the pilot (or first episode).

it might be the best start to a series in a very long time!
don’t make any mistake…they weren’t kidding when they called it “american horror story”… it’s creepy, scary and horrific… Check it out… let me know what you think

//youtu.be/JOugYXSfNow

I watched it - wierd is not the word!

Yeah I am definetly watching next week but yes it is a very unique show to be sure. I am intrigued and have to wonder how many of the people the family interacted with are “real.” Have to wait and see I guess.

On this week’s excellent Firewall & Iceberg TV-talk podcast, the hosts beat up American Horror Story like it was sayin’ sh*t about their moms:

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/firewall-iceberg-podcast-episode-97-american-horror-story-the-league-breaking-bad-more

#1 cable show Wednesday night. So, yes, I’m in for the sheer cultural spectacle of it. It’s great to have another hit horror series on television. And the show will continue to grow increasingly nonsensically bizarre beyond all reckoning, if you’ve seen the (very spoilery) promo stuff. Which is reason enough to watch, since so much of television has grown objectionably timid and conservative. 'Tis the season to scare, offend, and disgust. Happy Halloween!

I am not surprised in the least Alan Sepinwall doesn’t like it. It became very apparent to me he’s a very literal minded inflexible fellow. He’s a good resource for judging mainstream TV fare but wandering off the beaten path doesn’t fit into his worldview.

I’ve seen three episodes and feel comfortable that this will never be a show I will enjoy, or likely write about again, but have at it.

Said the same about Caprica. I’ve seen enough! I need watch no more! You need watch no more! I hath spoken! :oops:

Well, due to some satellite issues on the main TV in my home, and a weekend getaway, I JUST got around to watching the pilot. I am intrigued and cautiously optimistic.

I like well-written scripts and plots that hold water. If it’s visually striking just for the sake of it, then it won’t hold my interest for long.

I’ve been watching it. My dvd didn’t record the pilot and first episode so I ended up watching those online. It did however record the other episodes which I watched and enjoyed. I have been enjoying it and agree that I’m not sure just how many of the characters are real. I love the psychological aspects of that. I love that Zachary Quinto was in the last episode. I’m looking forward to more. My husband hates it.

We are watching it but we are on DirecTv so who knows if we will have the channel after Sunday??

It doesn’t matter in ratings, The Walking Dead will reclaim the Nielsen (cable) throne when it returns. But in the court of online opinion today and yesterday and in my humble own: the king is dead, long live the king. As its own thing, fearlessly offensive and wildly campy, American Horror Story is more successful in achieving its own unique goals. The Walking Dead takes itself too seriously and perhaps precisely because of that blind spot in becoming fixated by its own prestige, is plodding in comparison like a foot dragging walker.

Because of course this week… [spoiler]Violet has been dead all along[/spoiler] trumps the revelation that Sophia has been dead all along. This week’s episode was a lesson in master class television.

No contest each time in those things that matter most: pacing, plot, character development, execution. Well, okay, director Michael “Heathers” Lehman ties with director Michelle MacLaren in expertly executing their respective episodes, Smoldering Children and Pretty Much Dead Already. But pacing the overall seasons to get to where each show was going? No contest.

If anyone has wandered astray from AHS lately, I hope they have the current best show on (cable) television saved on DVR. :slight_smile:

Six words

This is a frakked up show

I mean…just move out the damn house people! Ya got a hot maid thats an old lady, a crazy ex mistress, a RUBBER MAN!! I mean…the rubber man thing alone…just leave! Dont wait for the house to actually say “Get Out”…get the frak out!!!

damn

am I the only one that finds Tate kinda hawt in the rubber suit???