Almost Human 1.06 Arrhythmia

Episode Summary from en.wikipedia.org:

When a Chinese man walks into a hospital with a gun demanding medical equipment, stating his exact time of death. Then collapsing at the exact time…Kennex and Dorian are called in. The man having died being in possession of a mechanical heart he should not have. The partners embark on a investigation into the seedier side of the human replacement organs black market.

Please use this thread to discuss the series’ sixth overall and first season sixth episode Arrhythmia. Rule: Please keep spoilers limited to those revealed during the series up to this episode only.

So let’s see…what stands out to me in this episode?

• Bio-mech and stem growth hearts are cool. Tiered medical insurance to deny those to patients that need them is not cool.

• Dorian seems to be a terrible driver

• Kennex donates to a charity for children to give them artificial limbs. Awwwwww

• The DRNs were given a stability test called the Luger test before it was decided to decommission them all in favor of the MXs.

• Dorian’s removable thermal eye imaging camera is cool…and gross.

• Bitcoin. Really? Well. Did you make a purchase at Target from November 27, 2013 to December 16th, 2013? Bitcoin might more sense to you now.

• DRN 494 and Dorian had some pretty strong memories that effected them both

• I’m noticing a trend of Blade Runner-esque music at the end of the episodes.

I wish the tech and the cars were more futuristic. It really takes me out of the episodes.

~Shooter Out