Almost Human 1.02 Skin **** SPOILERS ****

Episode Summary from en.wikipedia.org:

Kennex and Dorian investigate a murder and missing persons case involving robots. In the meantime, Kennex tries to find closure in a piece of his troubled past.

Please use this thread to discuss the series’ second overall and first season second episode Skin. Rule: Please keep spoilers limited to those revealed during the series up to this episode only.

Two episodes in, and I’m enjoying this series, as I think I’ve been craving a bladerunner/cyberpunk world on the small screen, and several shots really paid homage to Ridley Scott’s vision. Dorian’s character is developing even over the course of two episodes, and I love Kennex’s sticking the knife into the leg moment.

Overall, including development of the broader arc we saw develop in the first episode with the ex-in-the-box, I think this series has potential, as long as they don’t pull punches. They’ve already shown a willingness to show that this isn’t a very nice world, even to the point of exposing numerous cops to the virus. That’s what is doing it for me right now - real consequences to the actions of the villains and heroes, in a gritty, near future.

Oh, that, and that it’s another local show. I drive past the cop station every day on the way to and from work:

Above: The British Columbia Institute of Technology (“BCIT”) Aerospace Campus.

Yup, I live in Storybrooke, commute through LA 2048 and work in Starling City.

J.J. Loves Vancouver :slight_smile: http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2013/10/almost-human-converts-vancouver-in-2048/

I’m getting what the show is trying to do but it’s not pulling it off very well. It takes place 35 years into the future but everyone is still driving slightly modified versions of cars today. At least with Blade Runner they were futuristic.

Kennex’s ability (or rather inability) to relate to children will definitely be a running theme in the show. I suspect every interaction will be forced and troubled with him.

The Robocop style police department with every officer paired with a synthetic for safety reasons definitely puts the cops at a disadvantage. We’ll see more secondary cop characters die I’m sure but the main cast - Kennex, Darion, Rudy, Stahl - won’t be touched. So I wouldn;t say the show won’t pull any punmches.

That’s cool that you live where they film. Perhaps you could be in an extras shot sometime!

I didn’t get at the end of the Pilot that it was Kennex’s ex girlfriend in the glassed in box. That does make me interested in that plot line at least.

~SO

I just watched “Skin”. For me - better than the pilot. I hope the improvement curve continues.

I like the humor between Kennex and Dorian, that’s a keeper for me. Their interplay in general (outside of the humor) was more interesting for me than in the first episode.

The plot was formulaic - I could sense the path it was taking pretty quickly. But the ride was still ok.

So the tension between Dorian and Kennex in the pilot is gone - how much time has transpired between the two episodes?

What was the story about the giraffe? How did Kennex have one to give away? Did I miss an explanation about it?

Will the next episode continue the curve in improvement?