Admiral Helena Cain (BSG) vs. Mrs. Ellen Tigh (BSG)

Perhaps we were robbed by Ronald D. Moore never to see these two amazing characters on the screen together. Perhaps the BSG universe could have never HANDLED these two amazing characters on the screen together. But lets just say they were to meet inside the BSG universe. It’s hard to imagine these two ladies coexisting in the same deck-spaces for long. One would just HAVE to go.

In this Geek Deathmatch you get to choose who would come out on top between these two ladies: The Admiral or the 5th Cylon?

yes please :slight_smile:

I’ll go with Cain I suppose.

OB

What a deliciously, difficult question.

Let’s see,
both are strong-willed and determined
both are RUTHLESS
Cain is controlled
Ellen is undisciplined
Cain is intimidating
Ellen in manipulative

Cain’s goal - defeat the Cylons by any means necessary. She is willing to sacrifice anything/anyone.
Ellen’s goal - be with Sol. Sacrifice anyone/anything to keep him safe. (Yah, I know it’s way more complicated than that).

I’ll have to go with Ellen. Cain has the muscle/power behind her, but Ellen way more under-handed and conniving.

Wow, great question. Both are sooooo formidable.

Hey Oddball, that quote in your signature - I love it - where’s that from -you?

Admaril Cain, utterly ruthless and quite willing to do and sacrifice pretty much anything, her ship, her crew, probably herself in a MAD type scenario (akin to that experienced in blood and chrome) so yeah, she gets my vote over the evil drunken seductress.
Phaze
on the “My oven just went click, it’s time to put dinner on then clean out the kitty litter tray” ID

Don’t forget that Ellen is a CYLON. That means super strength, super fast reflexes and super focused on supporting Saul is absolutely EVERYTHING. Cain was just a broken, vengeful and betrayed lover.

say something righteous and hopeful for a change … <---- A quote from the movie “Kelly’s Heroes” (greatest film in movie history). Click on quote for youtube clip with quote at ending.

a ship that always stays the course <— A line from a recent Dropkick Murphys song “Rose Tattoo”. Click link for youtube version of song.

Cheers,

OB

Great- Thanks OB
BTW -loved the movie, have seen it several times :slight_smile:

Wow! I’ll admit I’m a little surprised. I thought people would have more faith in Ellen Tigh despite Admiral Cain being a worthy opponent. 5-3 is close, but I suspected it would be close the other way around with Ellen in the lead.

Yah, Shooter, as you said Ellen is a Cylon and not to be underestimated.
What two great characters!!

Is that true? Granted, it has been a while since watching the series but I didn’t think the skinjobs had any enhancements outside their ability to reincarnate and share memories in their number. I don’t recall anyone doing parkour, or crazy gymnastics or lifting Vipers. They had skills appropriate to their model (seduction, systems, hand gun / hand to hand).

This is why I voted to Cain. Even with Ellen being a Cylon her skills were double agent, deep mole (NIYKIWM) and occasionally getting mouth herpes. Again, been a while but I don’t recall her ever doing anything much more than slap Saul. That coupled with my understanding that skinjobs have no inherent additional abilities I think Cain with her military training would mop the floor with Ellen who could not do more than throw her drink at Cain.

^^^ What Solai said.

I think this is a demonstration on the skinjob added strength.

//youtu.be/Ppr0vAJl3vg

Thanks Shooter, I actually was just finishing my lunch when I recalled Leoben breaking out of his chains in that very early episode. This deathmatch boils down to armed v hand to hand combat constraint. Armed? Cain wins. Hand to hand? Ellen (maybe…raw strength doesn’t always trump true hand to hand combat. If Cain has martial arts training it doesn’t matter how strong you are, that can actually work against you).

My quarter is still on Cain.

Ok, I’m reluctantly finding all these pro Cain comments compelling, but I also find it hard to picture Ellen defeated, not in the long run. She is the supreme survivor.

Yeah, but the final four/five didn’t have Cylon super strength, did they?

Tory was a final 5. That’s what that video depicted.