Actual viper pilot costume!

This last weekend my girlfriend took me to the Henry Ford Museum as a sort of birthday present. Among all the cool historical and automotive things they had on display, they also had a special traveling exhibit on display that had all sorts of costumes used in various TV shows and movies. The stuff ranged from Star trek to Star Wars to Terminator to Ghost Busters. But what really caught my eye was an authentic Viper Jockey Suit from our beloved BSG. So of course I lingered around that display and got as many pics as I could. Here are a few for your viewing pleasure…

Drool…

Anyone else just wet himself? heheh

I have to wonder what’s on that pre-flight checklist for Apollo…

• Verify calibration on all panel displays.
  • Check and re-check harness latches and canopy locks.
  • Issue a snarky comment to the nearest deck crew member.
  • Activate flight helmet illumination.
  • Pause for six to eight seconds to contemplate your true feelings for Starbuck.
  • Dismiss previous contemplation.
  • Initialize cockpit compression.
  • Zero out DRADIS pre-flight data.
  • Make mental note of the last time the latrine was used.
  • Release deck locking clamps.
  • Adjust electric Ab-Blaster ™ belt controls under flight suit.

I love HFM & Greenfield Village!

Every pilot needs an emergency 4 port USB hub!

LMAO! Good eye.

Gah! Ditto the drooling there. WOW. It’s a lot shinier than I thought it would be.

And, oh! USB hubs. My eyes went straight to the suit’s crotch. Not that Apollo’s actualy in it, so I have no idea why that happened. Hm.

BTW, the suit looks kind of small, but the photo at the suit suggests that this is Apollo’s suit.

I too was wondering how a USB hub would be used while flying a viper, but who am I to argue with Caprican technology.

Im also not sure if this is meant to be Apollo’s suit or not because while there was a photo of him on the display, it only labelled the suit as being a Viper pilot suit and never mentioned who’s it was.

-Whine at dad.

Ok…I went straight to the crotch too…odd…hehe

Apollo’s uniform. That explains these:

I wondered where my hooker boots went…

He needs his USB port. How else are you going to hook up your ipod in your viper. Everyone needs theme music.

Viper Pre Flight Checklist

1. Pre Flight
    External Inspection…Okay
    Flight Controls…Okay
    Tanks filled …Okay
    Canopy Locks and explosive bolts to safe…Okay
    Seat Motors …Okay
    Weapons to safe …Okay

2. Start Check

Area…Clear
Comms…Up
Tacom/Satnav…Up
Canopy Bolts…Armed
Escape Seat…Armed
Engine Systems in the Green…Green
Weapons in the Green…Weapons set to Armed

1. Launch Tube Check

Area…Clear
Blast Doors…Open
Heads Up Display…On
Tac/Nav…To Active
Flaps…15 degrees down angle
Engines…85%
Assume Launch Position…Okay
LSO Launch Signal…Okay
Master Caution Cold Shot Warning…Set

I forgot what that suit looked like. For some reason I keep thinking LITTLE GREEN MEN.:smiley: