A must have for all brown coats...

The Jayne Hat…

I need to tell you about the best money I have spent in recent memory… A hat just like the one Jayne Cobb got from his mom on firefly. There are other hats out there… but the colors are always a bit wonky…

Heather at wearwithstyle.com … well … I can say her reputation is solid.

http://www.wearwithstyle.com/hat5.html

here is a making of…

donjarrs-place.com/07-making-stuff-serenity-hat

(copy and paste this address, the forum didn’t like the hyperlink… these photos look more like the product then the hat on Heather’s web site.)

I just need to say.

I love this hat.

I could go on and on about how great it is: about how the colors are
just right; how the quality of the wool yarn is top shelf; I could
write paragraphs about how I loved the packaging with the stamps and
the note from Janyn’s mom… But I willl just say…

I LOVE This Hat.

Make’s me feel like a big damn hero wearing it around town. I may not work in public relations, but when I walk down the street (or in the office or grocery store) in my Jayne hat, I feel that I’m not afraid of anything.

I will post a picture later.

PS… Heather uses the money to help her daughter… so, you get a cool hat and your helping out a cute kid.

http://www.wearwithstyle.com/Jayneletter.html

Keep Flying…

=)
I’ve heard great things about Heather’s hats and the way she packages them. I knit, so I made my own.

the colors aren’t exact, I know, but I didn’t want such bright colors and already had this rustic handspun, kettle-dyed wool on hand. thought it was true to the spirit of Ma Cobb. :wink:

That Looks Great.

The colors on my hat are not as saturated as the photo on her web site… much closer your hat. But your’s looks great. Very solid.

… Maybe after we finish the Season 3 rewatch we could have a firefly rewatch.

Nice work snaketime…

That is one cunning hat.

I think the forum wants address to start with “http://”

you know whats weird?

my mom’s name is jayne, spelled exactly that way.

Has she seen the show?

(Resisting the urge to make combat boots joke.)

unfortunately no, she’s not really into the whole sci-fi/tv/anything good idea, lol.

That hat is so amazingly awesome, I just e-mailed it to my sister and we’re getting one for each othe for Christmas.

Wear that and the new Hoth parka replica that Ecko is making for the winter, and you’ll be all set. I’d get it in a heartbeat if it was ever cold enough to wear a big jacket or coat, much less a very cunning hat in Florida. There’s a few other sellers who will actually package in a box full of straw, which is a pretty cool touch.

That’s pretty cool, you’d have to be a tough guy to go around wearing that. Although right now I’d rather get an actual browncoat. The abbyshot one is very tempting.

That jacket is pretty sweet, but it’s going to be a while before I can drop $550 on a jacket.

thats frakkin sweet

Notice that they never once mention “Firefly”. They are dancing on a thin legal line with that.

And I live the god forsaken cold of Canadian arctic (or close enough anyhow), maybe next year I could pull it off, I guess always holding many concealed and some not so concealed firearms has its advantages.

That’s great. I’ve got to show this to the GF (who is currently coveting a Zoe vest (and, yes, I’m keeping her all to myself.))

hehe. better give her a Zoe necklace too.

I want a pair of overalls like Kaylee’s. the one with the teddybear patch on one leg.

I didn’t realise that ‘a closet’ was the collective noun for a group of browncoats. I’m going to have to use that one. Altough I’ll have to watch my phrasing lest it be misinterpreted.

I also have a pattern for mini hats you can make for your action figures. They are really sweet.

Holy crap! Is that Jayne complete with a Jayne had and Vera? I must own one!