A Brown Coat

What can I say? It’s a brown coat. Looks like I got 'til March to save up for it.

includes fully functional brass knuckles. must… not… impulsively… buy…

if you want to buy two, but you just buy one, then it’s like you’re saving money, right?

They are really nice.

Especially after it meets the Captain.

According to The GF, you’re saving over three hundred bucks! You’d be a fool not to!

I bought an abbyshot one a couple of years ago (Before they got the official license). Halloween was epic that year.

How do you like it? Do you actually use it much? How tall are you, and what’s the length on it like?

$319?!!! Why?!

Actually, $319 for a custom-made leather jacket of any type is pretty cheap. Seriously, it’s not like they’re turning out 100k of these at a shot in the tiny hands of labor children in the Far East. Sure, you can buy a $99 leather jacket on sale at the mall, but hey – custom = low volume = pricey.

Me likey! drool

QFE

And it is a really nice coat.

Looks pretty badarse.

If you get one and wear it to a Firefly related event chances are you will be the only one there with a real brown coat.

$319 is almost my rent. If people are like me, and I’m not saying many are, we won’t be able to tell a $79 coat from a $319 one. For $319, it better provide nerve stimulations (to borrow an ME2 joke).

To each their own, granted. I balked at the price of the N7 hoodie ($58?), so what do I know?

Hey – definitely wouldn’t argue the economics. Hell, I don’t have $319 to spend on a coat, either. :slight_smile:

And now I want (and also can’t afford) a gorram N7 hoodie. Dammit. :stuck_out_tongue:

Comes with real, “fully functional” brass knuckles, too.

I don’t wear it as often as I’d like. I live in Ireland and it tends to rain a lot. Rain + Suede = Bad idea. The length is fine. Although it was quite a while since I got mine. I don’t think it was that expensive when I bought mine but it wasn’t cheap. I guess the licence ups the price. I had to scuff up the cuffs a bit, they looked way to shiny. A little bit of advice, get some fullers earth to dust it up a bit. It’s a great effect.

To clarify, that’s Brass Buckles, not Brass Knuckles…

Are brass buckles legal in every state? Wouldn’t want someone getting into legal problems shipping them across state lines. (:

You are obviously not in the market segment that this product is aimed towards.

You get older, you realize it’s better to drop a lot on a product that will last years than get cheap stuff every year or so.

Now that’s still a lot for a coat, but a good leather coat will last a damn long time. I have one from my dad that I wear frequently (sure, the lapels are a bit wide…)

I also like the stealth geek aspect of it. If you know Firefly well, you’ll recognize it. If not, it’s still an interesting-looking coat.

It’s a real beauty. I’d love one. :smiley:

There’s a slightly cheaper brown coat available as well.