#9: New Kindles, AeroPress

We run down Amazon’s incredible new range of Kindle devices, making an early attempt to match the new tablet/readers to lots of use cases. We talk briefly about the real use of cloud computing. And we offer a review of/look into the AeroPress, an awesome way to make great coffee by the cup — cheaply.

Direct Download
Blog Post

I really hope they don’t discontinue the classic iPod! I used my first gen iPod until it died, and I still use the heck out of my 4-year-old, 120 gig Pod, and I fear he’s on his last leg. I don’t know what I’ll do if he dies and I have to replace him with some 8 gig Touch model. I really don’t need anything for games or wifi or video.

Yay for a coffee discussion! (Since Chuck forgot to bring it up last Eff This Week :P)

Also, I would buy an iPhone made entirely of cheese.

Personally, my primary iPod is a 120 GB Classic that has 115 GB of music, padcasts and video on it right now. But if I can afford a 64 GB iPhone 4s, my days with a classic iPod might be numbered.

Never really got to grips with voice control - I might try it out. Right now I have a Motorola phone that says the name of the person calling which is pretty cool.

I love my 4 and 5 gen ipods!!

I went so far as to have the battery replaced on my 20g 4 gen and I use it all the time. My ‘big dog’ is my 80g 5 gen that the hub even dropped in the ice chest (mostly full of water at the end of the party, mostly…) which I quickly saved! I let it dry out and it still works.

I prefer the click-wheel over the touch for ease of use with audio content without having to look at it. I loathe the interface on the touch for quick pauses, and scrolling the rewind/forward. I will be very sad if the click-wheel is discontinued. However, I can’t imagine life without my touch- lol!

As for which market still has a use for the classic- DJs. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve used my ipods to run the music for my bro’s entertainment business. I remember lugging cases of cds- it SUCKED!! lol! It all got easier when the ipod mixers came out.

So yes, I still think there’s a market for the classic. I just hope they don’t go away before I can get my hands on another one!

I still have my 30 gig 3rd gen ipod. Darn things a trooper. Though at this point it needs a battery replace soo bad. I have a 1st gen green mini ipod on an ihome alarm dock. Nuthin like waking up to your own tunes.

As much as I want the aeropress. I just didn’t want to wait for Amazon. Went to two BB@Beyonds basically its not here in North Jersey. Not taking a hike into NYC for it )that and the tax kills). I have one more shot today for it. They said they had it. Now have to see if I can get it.

BTW , just love the podcasts. Keep them up.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I’m sad I bought a Kindle last year right after Thanksgiving for $139. If I had waited a year, I could have gotten the Kindle touch for $30 cheaper!

Well I was able to get the Aeropress. First time thought I did something wrong. So try try again. Second shot seemed about the same. Then that darn light bulb went off in my head and yes light was coming out of both ears. When I did that the result is espresso strength duh. I looked at it and said to myself where the rest. Then I added the extra hot water. Some half and half to it and BAM! one of the best cups I’ve had in months. That and clean up scary stupid. Thank you guys for mentioning it. Now I have a easy way of getting great coffee with a dead simple method. I liked those french press units, the clean up was the bugger.

I listened to ten have now to dl 11 when it comes out.

Again thank you.

PS: My callsign should be now either Lantern or Light House after this.:smiley:

Ah ha! This is exactly what I need. I use my French press ALL the time but if I could have awesome coffee and also be able to clean up quickly and easily, it would improve my life by at least 3%. That’s totally worth $25.

It soo is. Depending on the amount you make it’s about an oreo size puck of grinds you discard. A quick hot water rinse and it’s good to go. Remember what you get is espresso strength when you are done. Add some more hot water and it’s great.